Splitting The Bill function removed?

WILBOL95

I can't find the Splitting the Bill function you used to have on the website. I saw other people asking questions about it. The answers provided were not very helpful - someone said "just read your bill" and an official Verizon responder said if you scroll down to the line charges there is a "simple way" to separate out the overall charges to split then add to your own line charge. Whoever said "just read your bill" is probably not splitting theirs. You do get an amount for individual line charges, but the rest - the service charge, the surcharges and taxes, and any fees, etc. are not combined to split and may include any balance forward that one person or another (we have 4) on the plan may have not paid yet. And Verizon's response isn't accurate - the simplified way to do it was the "Splitting the Bill" feature! Can you explain why that was removed, and inform us as to whether it will be returned?

Labels (1)

Re: Splitting The Bill function removed?

Community Manager
Community Manager

WILBOL95

Our goal is to do all that we can to make managing your account simple. At this time, we have not yet been advised if Splitting the Bill feature will return. However, at this time, you may view  view the itemized charges for each line on your billing statement online at My Verizon. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/view-latest-bill/

LasinaJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

boringusername

Yeah just read you bill because each line's charges are clearly marked.

0 Likes
Highlighted

funky_zorro

I used the splitting the bill feature every month.

Can you please explain why this feature was removed?

boringusername

because each liens charges are already separated on the bill.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

funky_zorro wrote:

I used the splitting the bill feature every month.

Can you please explain why this feature was removed?

If I were to guess, it is because it gives a false sense of security to an account owner who is not fully acquainted with Verizon's policy that the account owner has the SOLE financial liability for the ENTIRE account and not that any of the financial liability is relinquished by using this "splitting the bill" which was previously available on the website.

Looking at these forums, it would appear SOME account owners were under the impression they were not financially responsible for the ENTIRE account because they had "split" the bill with others using a line on the account.

melindalinda

I am currently chatting with an agent about this. Seems pretty clueless. We have 5 lines so splitting option was awesome. Why would they take it away? Frustrating

Community Manager
Community Manager

Melindalinda, we value your feedback and understand how something so convenient can be missed when it's no longer an option. I am truly sorry to learn of your frustration and would like to help. You can still obtain a breakdown of charges per line via MyVerizon. Once you are logged in just click on the Bill tab and scroll down when the next page loads until you see the Account Charges by line. I hope this information helps. 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes

seadweller

This was a huge mistake, your CS people can barely answer questions any 12 year old off the street can answer. Do you think this is going to help your CS problem? 3% unemployment is tough enough, I can't see why you'd take away any online services?

kevindra

I have 4 lines on my account and we used to split the bills. The data charges are common on the bill line items and only line and mobile payments are split. Now I have to divide common charges across lines and add them up separately. Splitting the bill feature was so useful for saving a lot time. Please consider bringing it back to the website. Thanks