Slow 4g internet speed

I currently have and use the Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, on the Go Unlimited plan. And I'm wondering why is my internet so slow? When I run a speed test, the download speed is normally around  0.7 - 3 mbps. While the upload speed is around 4 - 7 mbps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Slow 4g internet speed

Even though you are on an Unlimited Plan, you are only guaranteed 24GB of 4G LTE high speed data, once you've used 24GB, in times of congestion, your data will drop down to 3G, until you are no longer in an congested area.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

BOJOLO2 wrote:

Even though you are on an Unlimited Plan, you are only guaranteed 24GB of 4G LTE high speed data, once you've used 24GB, in times of congestion, your data will drop down to 3G, until you are no longer in an congested area.

It is 22 GB not 24 GB and that only high speed limit only applies to the Beyond Unlimited Plan. The OP indicated they have the Go Unlimited Plan which has different terms of usage. The data can be prioritized at anytime if there's congestion. Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Being able to have sufficient speeds to use your data is important, 803Saleem. Our community has been very helpful at providing some details about our plans, and we are here to help further to ensure you're on the right plan. What zip code are you experiencing these speeds in? What type of data activities (i.e. streaming video, social media applications, etc.) do you use most?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks,

The areas for which I am experiencing these speeds are: 29010 and 29472.

My data activities consist of using Chrome Browser (as I do a lot of online financial activities), YouTube, Netflix, and Facebook.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand the need for speed, 803Saleem, especially when using YouTube and Netflix. Ann154 provided some great information about the plan you have and how the speeds are prioritized. Your upload speeds are within range, and the download speeds do indicate prioritization is in effect. Have you considered changing to the Beyond Unlimited plan? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/ We want to be sure you have the plan for your needs and your budget. If you decide to make a change, here’s more helpful information on that process: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-your-plan/

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

3g would be awesome.  2g would even work.  I signed up for Verizon yesterday and the fastest connection I have seen is .16mbs... yes 1k.... almost everything I do time's out before running.... this is going to be a LONG two years.

0 Likes
Covid19