Highlighted

Sketchy customer service

I'm wondering if others have had some of the same issues. I'm a long term customer, have been paying $140-160 month for me and my son just to use our iPhone 4s. 

I was told MONTHS ago that they went ahead and made me eligible for upgrade yada yada , but I I waited for the "new iphone 6 to come out, if get it at no cost bc it's been so long since I've had upgrade and had "so much credit to use I could get an iphone 6plus and not have to pay a dime".  This was not quoted for the EDGE, it was flat out for same plan always had . THEN THEY BACKED OUT, stating rep error, you name it. Now my contract is up next week and I'm looking for advice where to go and who will actually HONOR what Verizon reps PROMISED BUT NOT FOLLOWED THRU ON???  I have officially waited since the week of iPhones release to hear back from a supervisor rep that will touch the issue....ideas?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sketchy customer service

Leader

That does sound like a strange offer you were told you could get. Not sure what they could have meant by you having so much credit that you could get the phone for free....I've never heard of customers getting loyalty credit that was the equivalent of money off of a phone. If that were the case I know I should have a ton of credit having had two phones with VZW for at least 12 years now lol. Unfortunately I don't know if you'll be able to get that offer at all. Doesn't hurt to try and get them to give it to you but realistically it probably won't happen. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you were offered though. I'm not sure what your options are outside of escalating the issue...hope you get some resolution soon.

Highlighted

Not applicable

No way you are getting a iPhone 6 plus for free. That doesn't pass the sniff test. You didn't really think you'd get a $750 phone for free did you?

As far as what a rep says: from you customer agreement

You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

An offer months ago does not mean it's available now.   Besides that,  you do not get additive credit for being long term customer or not upgrading. It was never like that.  You certainly were overpaying all this time.   You could have been paying $80 for 2 lines with out of contract phones and 1 GB to share or $100 if you wanted 6GB to share. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I wonder if they maybe had unlimited data plans and therefore wouldn't be able to get More Everything plans without losing that unlimited data. At any rate I don't think they will get what they say they were offered because it's not something that any CS rep at Verizon would have been able to offer. Unless there is more to this than they shared (perhaps they paid a deposit and that was the "credit" the rep was referring to). I'm grasping of course but something doesn't seem right.

Highlighted

I would never, ever trust the word said by a customer service rep as law.

Unfortunately, in today's upgrade world, you will have to pay a sum of money for just about any upgrade. It's significantly discounted, of course, but it's not as easy. I would look into how an EDGE plan would benefit you, perhaps. I would LOVE to get an EDGE plan, but every customer service rep refuses to cooperate with me. It looks as though I will be purchasing a new phone from Amazon or elsewhere that Verizon will not directly make the profit off of me buying a new phone (as I do not want to just get an insurance replacement, I want an upgrade).

Any other carrier you would transfer to would charge you at least $190-ish to start a plan with an iPhone 6 plus. Your Verizon plan is actually pretty cheap. For my fiance and I to have our smartphones, it costs $190 a month.

0 Likes
Highlighted

When you say you would love to get on an Edge plan but customer service "won't cooperate, " what do you mean by that?

0 Likes