Highlighted

Signal fluctuations how do I request a check on our lone cell tower

We have one lone cell tower out here in 89830 zip code. Coverage is getting steadily worse. Will go from no service to 4 bars at the drop of a hat. It continuously changes. We have had a population growth with loads of new users. So between the two I am having longer and longer page loads. It is happening both on my IPhone and the hotspot device my parents have at their place. I really believe the tower needs to be checked and the total usage  be re-evaluated 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Signal fluctuations how do I request a check on our lone cell tower

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, DiamondT. A reliable connection is essential, so we're here  to help. What is the city and closest intersection of the troubled location? Does this happen both indoors and outdoors?

TracyB_VZW

Highlighted

Expert

The OP provided their zip code in their original post. That zip code is associated with the city/town of Montello, NV. This is a fairly remote area of Nevada. 

As for the tower itself, my guess is the broadcast strength may or may not need to be increased to handle the additional traffic that has occurred since the tower was first built. However the infrastructure ie fiber optic cable and/or power supply may also need to be upgraded to handle the added traffic. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Zip code is 89830. City is montello Nevada. State road 233 about 4 miles north of town. Not much out here as far as intersections map wise. Most everything outside of town is not county or state maintained. The tower is on Pilot Road. This happens both inside and outside. I am just guessing, but the population of the valley has at least doubled since the tower was built, and more people are moving in daily. I had really good signal strength and data rate when I moved in here 3 1/2 years ago. However it just gets worse every day. I have the issue on both my iPhone and Verizon hotspot. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the information provided. Can you please clarify, so you know of any other Verizon users experiencing the same issues in your area? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Can you please get your facts straight? State Hwy 233 is basically the main street for Montello, NV. The town is on one side of the highway and the railroad is on the other. Exactly how much do you think the population has grown in the 3 1/2 years you have lived there. The estimated census population for the entire zip code 83840 is less than 300 people. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes there are multiple users experiencing the same issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

No need to be an butt. I know what I’m talking about. I live in the valley. Apparently google isn’t your friend. The town hasn’t grown. This is a large valley. The valley has. This lone tower serves the entire valley. Pull up google maps. All the way from the Utah border to the mountain ranges on both the East and West side, and to the pass on the South. The first time I was here there were hardly any lights across the valley, it was dark unless looking towards town.  Now there are lights all across the valley. The East side of the valley has grown a lot and the flats has even more. People are moving in all the time. If you live outside of town you depend upon the cell tower. There are no utilities. So everyone outside of town utilizes the cell tower.  Phone service and data is used constantly. Entire family’s use the data for anything from normal searches to games, facebook and the ever popular video streaming. Video streaming which uses a large portion of of data.  I am having difficulties just opening a single web page some days. And I’m not the only one. I am so happy you have cell towers every 5 miles and don’t have to worry about dropping a call or getting emergency help. God bless you and have a good day. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

I have been in that valley. I just can't imagine why someone would move to the area. There didn't appear to be a lot of employment opportunities when I was there and I can't see how many companies could have been added in the past few years. There is also a single cell tower serving my home town and the surrounding area. That tower is likely also serving more users than yours. 

Which bring me back to my original post. Either the tower broadcast strength isn't strong enough or the infrastructure can't support the added traffic. 

If Verizon Wireless is considering an additional tower or two, it can take years to get the land acquisition completed, the regulatory approval process completed, and the construction completed before the new tower is broadcasting. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

With the population growth coalescing with the slower speeds, we'd like to know more about the price plan in place. 
Are you on an unlimited plan? If so, then what unlimited plan is it?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes