Signal Strength, not phone dependent

CME1

Within a quarter to half mile of my home there are three cell towers. If I park under or around any of them I get full bars. However, as soon as I enter my neighborhood I drop to one bar or no service. This has only been the case for the past few months. It was also like that for a few weeks post last falls huricane.  I have four phones in my home that all get the same 1 bar or less for strength. Calls also frequently cut out. Struggling to find where to report this. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Signal Strength, not phone dependent

CME1

The nearest intersection is Judges and Albemarle Rd. in area code 28405. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

CME1,you deserve fantastic coverage at all times. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. In order to better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred? How far from the affected area do you need travel in order for your signal to improve?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes

CME1

The nearest intersection is Judges and Albemarle Rd. in area code 28405. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes

CME1

Within 1/4 mile in any direction, signal improves by two to three bars.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

That is very helpful information, CME1. I can only imagine how concerning this must be. Let's keep digging and find a resolution. All signs point to this being network related if multiple Verizon users in a specific area are experiencing the same problem. Also, service improves if you travel away from the problem location, which is another red flag. I do want to gather a little more information to be sure though. May I ask what type of calls are being impacted when you say they frequently cut out? For example, is this HD calling or Wi-Fi calling? Also, is text and data also being impacted by the weak signal? If so please share details.

AnthonyC_VZW

0 Likes