Highlighted

Sick of Verizon!

How much would it be to cancel a group package with a Samsung s4 and Samsung note3 early? I have had it with Verizon, nobody is any help! They keep making us increase our data package just so they can say we go over every time, we have changed nothing. Called customer service twice and visited a store to check our phones.  They keep telling us the only thing they can do is increases our data, we are now paying for more then double of what we supposedly were using 3 months ago and yet again we go over! Don't know what else to do but cancel and go with a different carrier, unless anyone has any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Sick of Verizon!

Sr. Leader

Find out what is using the data!  Facebook plays videos automatically and they can eat up data quickly - you can change the settings to only play videos on wifi, but YOU have to change that, the default is to play always.  Use wifi whenever possible, and use the Data Usage meters on the phone to see what apps are using the most data.

As far as how much it will cost to cancel - that would depend on the current contracts on the phones - each line has it's own contract, and the cancellation fee for each line is $350 less $10 for each month of completed contract (for contracts begun prior to Nov. 14, 2014, which it sounds like is the case for you).

My advice would be to find out where the data is being used and fix that, rather than cancel and potentially running into the same issue with another carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Sick of Verizon!

II'm also sick of Verizon after many years. Make sure u go to a Real verizon store. I didn't & was lied to numerous times. They told me not to call the 800 Verizon # three times. Now I see why. I was told I wld get a free phone. Today I called the 800#. Was told I'm paying $22 per mo for 2 yrs to pay off phone. I'm 66, disabled & have had to go to store 6 times!!  Never had a problem before I went to Richmond store. Sprint told me they will pay the $350 early termination fee for me. Can't take any more Verizon

0 Likes