Highlighted

Re: Should I switch to Sprint

Sr. Leader

Sprint pays ETF so there's always a way to work around it.

Highlighted

Not applicable

kblash wrote:

Because unfortunately, I am stuck with Verizon until my contract for my secondary line is up.

I am always in 4g with Sprint btw. And it works wonderfully for me.

That good for YOU. A lot of people get terrible service with Sprint IF they can get it at all. If you travel outside the big cities you'll find out how unlimited that data is when you roam.

Highlighted

SPRINT IS OFFERING MY SAME PLAN FOR 1/2 THE COST - WHY SHOULD I STAY WITH VERIZON?

0 Likes
Highlighted

What are you loosing by switching to sprint?  There has got to a be a reason a company can got anothers company bill in half.  Ask yourself that.  And there is alot of fine print,  major things like your data is only covered on the spint network (not a very large network) off network data will be charged at a crazy rate.  You can not buy a contract phone with spirnt you must pay full retail price,  they wil split it up into monthly payments but that brings yoru bill rite back to verizon pricing.   so basically yoru switching companys to get a new phone.  if a new phone is so important that yoru willing to get less service then i guess you shouldnt stay with sprint

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon won't do anything to keep you.  Saying you still pay the same, by adding the price of the phone is very near sighted.  If you save the money, buy the phone outright (after saving for a few months) you still cut the bill in half for the perpetuity of your service with Sprint.  Or, once your phone is paid off, you will again have half the bill for the perpetuity of your service vs all the bill always.

0 Likes
Highlighted

actually no the cut your price in half only last through a promotional periode.  most people wont keep a phone more than two years, and if people can purcahse phones outright your verizon bill is significantly lower but nice try

Highlighted

My bill went up when purchasing outright.  I was told I could keep my "grandfathered" unlimited data plan if I did so.  And mentioned every 5 minutes on the phone with Verizon reps, that I did not want to change my plan.  Yet after I get to my deployed location with my new phone, they changed my plan.  My bill went up, and they get to charge me for data that my wife is using trying to talk to me via skype and facebook messenger, because my phone won't work here as promised.  Nor can I find any way to get help from Verizon.  I can't call 1-800 numbers from deployed locations, and the phone won't work here as promised, and Verizon Chat seems to be closed (even during the hours the chat sesssion say they are opened, and yes I can convert accross the time zones).  Oh and they can't modify plans via chat either....

So, if you actually are a Verizon rep, could you try and help me?  Maybe do something nice for a deployed soldier for Christmas, and email me (and I assume you could look up my email as a rep).  Nothing makes a military member more bitter than watching your wife get screwed by companies that bill you, when you are half a world away and unable to help her.

I have been with Verizon for ~10 years now, and have been willing to pay more, all these years, than other carriers offer, out of loyalty because in the past, Verizon customer support was available and helpful.  Not finding that to be the case lately...It seems to be very difficult to get support over about the last year...

Do you work for Verizon?  Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

duuright, this 10 year relationship is important to us and we want to thank you for all that you do for our country. You can keep your UNlimited data plan when buying a new device out right at full retail pricing. However, you would be moved to a currently offered plan when Edging up. With the Edge option, the full price of your device is split into 24 payments which appear on your bill. Click  http://vz.to/18hFNL6 for more details.

Are you currently deployed in another country? If so, then that data usage is not included in the UNlimited data plan. http://vz.to/1rt7Fn9  Did you have a chance to view your bill online at My Verizon? http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Bought the device outright, per direction of the Verizon rep.  Yet somehow, after I deployed( about 3-4 weeks later), some one at Verizon changed my plan without my consent.  When I left, all was good with the plans and the new phone, I checked to be sure.  Then this month my wife starts getting data overage messages.  Which shouldn't happen if her line has unlimited data.  So she is freaking out.  And nothing is more frustrating to a deployed service member than the thought that some company is taking advantage of your wife, and you are helpless to do anything about it.  It apparently has taken an email to Verizon's Marketing CEO and my quibbling in this forum to finally get help. (Being that Verizon's international service number is "no longer in service" and I can't dial 1-800 numbers from deployed locations, and to boot:  The website doesn't give you any email/group box contact besides snail mail)...

Poor site design, for soldiers or any one needing help outside the US....Shouldn't be this difficult, it never used to be...which is why I have been willing to pay more for Verizon than comparable plans with other carriers for the last 10 years.

Anyway, thanks for responding.  I finally did get a rep to contact me, and they have submit the form to "change the plan back" to the "non standard plans" folks.  Now I am just waiting 'till after the holidays to see if Verizon will honor my plan and make this right.  Expecting an answer after the 1st.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes switch to sprint.  Verizon is a huge rip off.