Highlighted

Re: Should I switch to Sprint

Not applicable

Sprint will reimburse your ETF not pay it off. Second they really won;t cut your bill in half. They'll only cut the data portion in half. And that note edge is closer to $40 a month extra.

Highlighted

Thanks for replying. My upgrade date is not until July of 16. It is not necessarily the data plan I am most concerned about it is more about the advantage of being able to upgrade my phone with no down payment and no impact to my monthly payment amount, the better data plan is more of an added bonus if I switched. As I said earlier switching to Sprint would gain me a new phone, and a better data plan all while paying off my Verizon contract i.e. no cost to me. Weighing the pros and cons, from my point of view all the Pros of Switching to Sprint far out weigh the cons. 

Highlighted

are you eligible for early edge at all?  its the same type of payment plan

Highlighted

Not applicable

mdenne wrote:

Thanks for replying. My upgrade date is not until July of 16. It is not necessarily the data plan I am most concerned about it is more about the advantage of being able to upgrade my phone with no down payment and no impact to my monthly payment amount, the better data plan is more of an added bonus if I switched. As I said earlier switching to Sprint would gain me a new phone, and a better data plan all while paying off my Verizon contract i.e. no cost to me. Weighing the pros and cons, from my point of view all the Pros of Switching to Sprint far out weigh the cons.

Well you could have done that back on July of this year when you upgraded by using Edge instead. Why did you sing a 2 year contract if you didn't want to wait 2 years to upgrade?

Highlighted

Not applicable

zellerandy wrote:

are you eligible for early edge at all?  its the same type of payment plan

he could have done regular Edge back in July choose to do a 2 year contract for whatever reason.

Highlighted

I was a sprint customer for 4 years and just swapped to verizon back in September and I am in Maine on the east coast sprint service is terrible it might be unlimited data but if u will drain UR battery before u get connection and it's very frustrating they have crap coverage everywhere I had an iPhone 5 with them and I couldn't EVER receive or make a call with out it dropping the call it was incredibly frustrating paying for a service that I didn't the service that I was paying for out of it.... they charge u for premium data  line access charge of 20$ a mo and the lowest I got my bill was when I had the Framily plan it went from 174. For two iPhones to 114$ roughly with insurance on one line and unlimited talk text data.while I live in a more rural area I have to say my cousin and her hubby have sprint and live in New Jersey only 25-30 minute drive from NYC and their service sucks too they have dropped calls and the data lags as well, verizon network is the best u may pay a little more but I m telling u that swapping to sprint for the earlier upgrades or unlimited data or cheaper prices most likely isn't going to be worth it they always say they are adding towers in your area and never does the service get better. If u are swapping from verizon to sprint u will be disappointed in the difference in service. Depending on where u live... I hope this helps... I just learned going from sprint to verizon that while it may be a little more money a month u get what u pay for ... Merry Christmas

Highlighted

I Absolutely agree... If u do a  Google search sprint coverage and read the customer forums of people who loathe the sprint  coverage all over the country, u may think that the data coverage isn't a big deal cuz u are always on wifi until u need UR phone for a call or data outside of UR wifi and u have dropped calls and or little to no signal its frustrating and not worth it overall I promise.. But ultimately the choice is urs.  And u can always come back if unhappy.... Good luck to u ...

Highlighted

I love verizon, bill is a little higher the I'm happy with for two phones. But we run a business from our phones and can't have it failing. We had family mobile , tmobile and cricket before . I couldn't even get service in my basement with those providers. We don't have any problems really with verizon. Would like for them to.come out with a good deal for existing customers.

Highlighted

Not applicable

I think ANY service would have issue with getting a signal in a basement in general. Verizon does have specials form time to time. In October and early November they had 30 GB for $130( normally $225 ) and 40 GB( normally $300 ) for $150 for example. They also recently dropped the line fee for basic phones by $10 a month. Not to mention increasing 6 GB plan for $80 to 10 GB and increasing 10 GB $100 plan to 15 GB. And the monthly discount for phone off contract didn't start until April. So Verizon has done quite a few things to save customers money recently.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Don't believe a word of what any reps tell you switch to sprint or try t moble Verizon will tell you anything to keep you then when you get your bill you will see but don't take my word for it stay with Verizon see what they do then you can be on here telling people how they tell you what they need to so you will stay and how they wont charge you for this or that or how they will give you a bill credit you don't ever receive and when you get your bill its just easier to pay than deal with their lies for an hour sometimes two and then get no where. Good luck

0 Likes