Highlighted

Re: Should I switch to Sprint

I am currently with TMobile and thinking about going to Verizon and honestly I am not sure HOW Sprint is back on Mainland.  However I know that HERE on Oahu, Sprint is TERRIBLE...Tmobile is AMAZING and Verizon is of course right there.  The kicker is this, I head back to mainland next year and Tmobile is sketchy on mainland.  So I am debating switching to Verizon myself, but I personally would NOT switch to Sprint. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It's all about location.  If you switch and they pay your ETF expect to pay it first before your reimbursement. Expect 6-8 weeks in most cases.

Where I live and travel T-Mobile is more than enough. If it's work related I use Verizon. AT&T works better in some areas where Verizon is lacking. Now Sprint... Don't use them for various reasons and my boss refuses to deal with them for the same reasons.

Just remember you have 14 days to try any carrier unless you are in California you have 30.

Highlighted

Actually that brings up a good question for me, since I am leaving next year and I will not have pin point orders until spring.  I will go to either AZ or FL so T-Mobile will be good in either place (depending on where in AZ) for recruiting.  All in all though, is Verizon a better deal than T-Mobile, or is it one of those "it is all relative" situations?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

T-Mobile does decently well in major cities. Outside is where they are completely lacking. The big 2 has better coverage outside of major cities. So if you travel a lot the big 2 is generally always worth the money.

Sprint messed up 23 people at my current employment and tried to get all of us to pay the ETF. Since then our work place no longer deals with them. Excessive roaming all of a sudden after having their services in the same place for 6 years. Our usage actually went down over the course of that time.

0 Likes

Not applicable

Yes it depends. Verizon is pretty much everywhere. for me I have to go 40 miles just to get to ANY T-Mobile service then it's Edge( their Verizon of 2G ) I have to go nearly 70 to get to a T_Mobile 4G area and even then it's very small area until you go another 50 miles. even when T-Mobile "completes" as they put it 4G rollout 25% of the US population won't get their 4G. And of course the VAST majority of the land area won't have it. So I suppose you live int the big city and never travel then T-Mobile it totally cool. I'm not sure how ignoring 80 million people equals "complete" but that's T-Mobile for you. Verizon is pricier but as the old saying goes "it works"

0 Likes
Highlighted

How do I find these "good plans"? They must not provide links to them on the Verizon Wireless site. I've wasted Way Too Much Time trying to find fair priced plans on the Verizon's site.

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   See Re: Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize t... <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

More Everything not Share but whatever.

6 GB use to be offered until November and it was $80. Now you get 10 GB for the same price. You rather pay $80 and get 6 GB instead? 10 GB also gets you a $25 discount on any smartphone lines that are off contract instead of $15. 4 GB is $70 and 10 GB is $80 so I'm not sure how much you think 6 GB would be if it was still offered anyway?

3 smartphones and 2 basic phones with 10 GB is $240 plus taxes/fees. Assuming all smartphones are still on contract and you don't get any work related discounts. If the 3 smartphones were off contract then your cost would be $165. In fact you could have 5 smartphones for $155 if all 5 were off contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

YES!!!! I switched my main line over to Sprint over a year ago now and my bill is soooo much cheaper. And you can't beat unlimited data. Their customer service is amazing as well.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

kblash wrote:

YES!!!! I switched my main line over to Sprint over a year ago now and my bill is soooo much cheaper. And you can't beat unlimited data. Their customer service is amazing as well.

Why are you at a Verizon forum then? Unlimited data isn't any good if you're roaming or always on 3G. So no thanks. Why is Sprint CS ranked LAST if it's so great?

Highlighted

Because unfortunately, I am stuck with Verizon until my contract for my secondary line is up.

I am always in 4g with Sprint btw. And it works wonderfully for me.

0 Likes