Highlighted

Should I switch to Sprint

I went into the sprint store to inquire about the "cut your bill in half event." Sprint offered to pay my early termination fee, cut my bill in half, and I would get a new Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. While the bill is cut in half I would still need to pay the 35/mo fee for purchasing the new phone however when all is said and done my monthly fee would still be the same as if I stayed with Verizon but with a much better data plan than I currently have. My question is, what would Verizon do to keep me as a customer. All of the upside of the deal seems to be with Sprint, new Note Edge and better data plan for the same cost as I am paying now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Should I switch to Sprint

Its not a much better data plan than you have now.  its the exact data plan you have now that they match.  that data can only be used on their network, wich isnt much.  You can never change your plan or go over on data because once you have to change your plan you have to pick a current plan and can not go back to the special pricing,   the special pricing only last so long.    You get a very small amount of off-network data.      Its a good price there is no doughting that.   Just be carefull because there service sucks 90 percent of areas.  If they can cut another companys phone bill in half there has got to be a reason behind it

Highlighted

also verizon has very good offers too, what plan are you on now, how many phones, what kind of phones

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It's not exactly half when everything is said and done. You have to be on their payment plan which will add I believe $25 for the EDGE which I haven't looked at for Sprint. It's more like cut your bill by 20-30% if you get high end smart phones. Then you have to worry about coverage. Sprint here for example isn't worth it even at 70% off for me. So make sure Sprint works in the areas you most travel before committing. It'll save you the headaches later.

Highlighted

Your first post is very insightful. I live in Phoenix so I am not to concerned with data coverage as the entire valley is fairly well covered. Also I do not use much data as I am 90% of the time in an area with Wi-Fi so I only have a 1GB data plan with Verizon and have yet to exceed it. I believe what attracts me the most to the deal is that I would like upgrade my SG 5 to the Note Edge and my upgrade grace period with Verizon is over a year away, also by switching to Sprint it would not require any down payment to get a new phone, just trading in my current phone,

You do raise a good point though with the On Network/Off Network data.

Highlighted

Switch. If you don't like it switch back.

Highlighted

problem with that is verizon doesnt pay off etfs.   well he wouldnt have a etf he would have a phone buyout and no one pays those

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

He has 14 days no matter what carrier. Any SHOULD know the service is right for them in 14 days. Honestly you should know within the first week as you'll always travel your most traveled places within that timeframe.

He can always switch back but then again he'll be back to where he was on his contract.

Highlighted

Right but obviously they think it is soo much better over there. That being said they shouldnt need anything paid

Highlighted

Customer Support

mdenne We want to keep you as a satisfied customer and are concerned that you are considering switching carriers. When you mention wanting a better data plan but only using about 1gb now, we have a wide variety of data plans. http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ  As for devices, when is your upgrade date? Any issues with your current phones?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport