Highlighted

Re: Should I switch from More Everything (not Edge) to Verizon Plan?

Sr. Leader

Your welcome. I do need to correct my post, I have 30 GB of data not 130 GB of data. 130 GB for $130 would truly be a great bargain!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Re: Should I switch from More Everything (not Edge) to Verizon Plan?

Sr. Leader

Catcher6 wrote:

Thank you for pointing out that the month to month discount on More Everything can be requested.  It never occurred to me until I started reading this forum, that I might be entitled to a discount once I am out of contract since I never got on the Edge program.

rschnoor, I want to make sure I understand what you are saying in your final paragraph.  Are you suggesting that if I switch now to the 18 GB plan, it might give me more options when I am out of contract that won't be available to me if I stay with More Everything now and switch later? Not at all. All I am saying is it is VERY UNLIKELY the current rates on the More Everything Plan will ever change again as it is now a legacy plan. Legacy plans normally stay the same WITHOUT change from the point in time they become legacy plans. CURRENT plans can change at any time, either better or worse. The 18 GB tier MAY be a limited time offer and MAY expire before you make the switch if you wait until you are out of contract. Then again, there may be a better one out there at that time. You can switch now, grab the 18 GB tier and be done with it until a better deal comes along. You can wait until your contract is over and switch then, at which time the 18 GB tier may have dropped back down to 12 GB and you are left waiting until a better deal comes along.

Just to clarify, is your suggestion that if I stay with More Everything, there won't be much hope for better data prices on the old plan, so the $15 might be worth it if I make the switch now? Yes. I doubt the data prices on More Everything will EVER change again. There will NEVER be additional "data deals". Verizon normally has those type of deals ONLY on currently offered service plans, not legacy plans.

I read on another thread someone said last year there was a 30 GB "limited time" option for $120, and that you should grab these specials and hang on for dear life until the next one comes! Yes, but as I said previously, that will NEVER be offered on More Everything again as it is now a legacy plan. When it was offered, More Everything WAS NOT a legacy plan but a current plan. Things change. Now "limited time" data deals will be offered on the Verizon Plan as it is NOW the currently offered plan.

I realize it's all speculation, but I do so appreciate all of the wisdom here.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Catcher6 wrote:

I guess if we had really been thinking ahead, we would have bought our smart phones during the days of unlimited data, and paid full price on our phones to keep the plan going.

For some, that may have been a good idea. For others, not so much. You need to use a LOT of data to justify that. For example, I am currently paying $178/month for 4 smartphones and 15 GB of shared data which we don't come close to using. Always have 5-6 GB of data left over each month. I had unlimited data on 2 of my lines when it was available and was thinking of upgrading my 2 basic phones to smartphones on the 2 GB tiered data. At the time, my monthly bill was ~$230/month. Adding 2 more data plans to my bill would have brought my monthly bill up to ~$290(EVEN if those plans would have been unlimited data). I MUCH prefer paying $178/month rather than $290/month for MORE data than we can use, with $112 available for overages(or a higher data allowance) before we would even break even!!!!!! That comes to $1300/year!!!! I can certainly live without unlimited data at that price!!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I understand the importance on making the right decision when it comes to plans Catcher6. I would love to look at your account to see what is best for you. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Re: Should I switch from More Everything (not Edge) to Verizon Plan?

Thank you, rcschnoor.   I really appreciate your taking to time to help clear up my confusion!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ah, good point!  The only reason that our son's data use is so high, is that he is currently living in a place that does not have wi-fi access.  When he lived at home, or was in college, his data use was pretty minimal.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I spoke with a Verizon Rep at length last night, and she told me that if I switch to the Verizon Plan, my access fees will go up to $20 per phone when I am out of contract, which I knew, but that I would also lose a $5 discount on one of my lines.  She said there are fewer discounts on the Verizon Plan than the More Everything.

The other surprising/confusing thing she told me is that the $15 access fee (out of contract) for More Everything is a promotion, and can go away (go up) at any time.

This is the first I've ever heard of this.  I thought the $15 access fee is grandfathered in if you don't change plans!

So although the $100 18GB plan is tempting, the decision is getting more convoluted.

She said she doesn't know when this data promotion will end but that with the holiday season approaching, there may be some good specials.

Also there is a mysterious $200 offer that expires soon if I want to upgrade early and sign a new two year contract.

I am hoping that when I am out of contract, I can at least get another bonus data GB or 2, as my bonus expires in February.

She was very helpful and agreed that it is all very confusing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

From my understanding when researching a few months ago: The More Everything Plan has free hotspot.  I believe if one uses hotspot on The Verizon Plan, there is a monthly $10 charge.  I use hotspot from time to time with my iPad on the More Everything Plan and would not want to pay monthly for it, but it's nice that it's there if I want it, when I want it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

That is incorrect. You do not pay additional to use hotspot on the Verizon plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I currently have three iPhone 6 on more everything 15/gb $100 plus 1gb promo. My current bill after taxes, charges, fees including the access fees for all phones is right around $240/mth. Would I be better off to switch to the Verizon Plan of 18gb for $100? I don't want to pay more than what I'm currently paying of course. With two kids they drain their data pretty fast and we have wifi at home!! Please help

0 Likes