Highlighted

Shareholder discount?

I was wondering if Verizon Wireless offers a service / line discount if you are a corporate stock holder.  If they do, I would think that there would be a threshold number, say 500 or more shares, to be eligible.  I attempted to contact shareholder services by phone as well as email, on numerous occasions, and never got anywhere with my request for information.  I own >1000 shares, and feel that as an investor, there should be some sort of acknowledgement of this via a discount.

I would appreciate hearing from anybody who can provide me with a definitive answer...

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Shareholder discount?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We completely understand the need to save money when it is available, carterpac. We have no information on Share Holder information, but we do offer Employee Discounts that many employers offer. Here is a link to help check if your employer offers a discount with us http://vz.to/1i4zx1C
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Your employer doesn't offer a discount?

I didn't know that anyone could own stock in Verizon Wireless and I thought that the home and wireless were two separate companies sharing the Verizon name.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My employer only offers a dismal 5%...

In 2014, Verizon and Verizon Wireless became one company, Verizon Communications from what i understand.  Please let me know if i am wrong about this, and apologies in advance if i am misdirected. 

I ask this, as other corporations will offer incentives and discounts to shareholders, such as GE, who offers a nice savings on kitchen appliances.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I am sure someone with the knowledge will chime in. I was just asking because I didn't know. The last I had heard they were two separate companies.

0 Likes