Server error when accessing web based messaging

For the past few days I have been getting a Server Error when trying to access the web based messaging service. I work many long hours during the week and this is the only way I can stay in touch with family and the outside world. Is there any time frame when this is going to be fixed? This is the second day that this has accrued.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Server error when accessing web based messaging

I've been experiencing the same issue. To help support:

• I'm accessing via Macs, 2 different MacBook Pro's, both w/ OS X 10.12.6
  • I've tried with both Safari and Chrome browsers, neither works
  • both receive the message:

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Could someone from Support pls look into this ASAP and address the issue?!?

While you are at it, a feature request:

The app timeout is too low. When I'm in my office working on laptop, I MUCH prefer to use the Web UI for my sms messages. However, if I don't touch the web app for about 20 minutes, or if my laptop goes to sleep and then wakes back up, I have to login again to messages web app. It's ridiculous. I end up logging into the darn app about 15 times a day. The timeout should be MUCH longer, and the liveness of the session should persist an IP address change (i.e. whenever I move to a different network the app needs to login again). I've put in feature requests for this going back 3 years ago. Is it really that hard?

BTW, us Mac users must use the web app because there is no desktop app for Mac. Web app is fine, just ma

0 Likes

Customer Support

vollmer13,

We certainly want you to be able to stay in contact with your friends/family. Where are you trying to access Verizon Messages? Laptop, pc, etc? What browsers or apps?

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Customer Support

Grommie,

Thank you for providing that information for me. In addition, I understand that you don't want to keep having to log in if the application times out. Please keep in mind that this is a security measure for the application. If it is dormant for this amount of time, a timeout occurs. If it was something that could be changed, it would be in the settings menu of the application. However, I do want to reiterate that it is for your protection, so no one else can access your personal information. Does this provide clarity for you?

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

ChristineJ_VZW,  There are several threads reporting the issue with My Verizon->My Plans & Services->Send a Message (web site messaging) where there is a Server Error. I chatted with a VZW rep online yesterday  who replicated the Server Error issue with web messaging. They said the feature was having a service upgrade which was causing this issue and their Technical Team was working to fix it. Maybe you can replicate it yourself and check on progress fixing it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

Web Texting via My Verizon->My Plans & Services->Send a message at https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do  appears to be working at this time.

It's not working for me today. And not yesterday either. This is a MAJOR inconvenience.

Can someone from VZ pls address and udpate status ASAP? !!

@ChristinaB_VZW: Thaks for the guidance on the security features of the function.

The way the function is currently implemented is counter productive. It’s fine for a timeout to exist, quite important, actually. But that timeout should be connected to a use case. If the timeout is for a generic user session on Vz wireless, it makes sense for it to be very short, because people normally login and logout pretty quickly when they make a payment, check minutes usage, look for a support issue.

However, when someone is using text messaging, or another web service offered, they need it to just stay open all day.

A timeout when using the messaging UI of 8 hours is fine. Whatever it’s currently using is WAY TOO LOW.

Perhaps connecting me with a product manager would be useful, so I can walk her through the use case and user story.

Thanks.

0 Likes

This action generates the above listed Server error when using Chrome. I have been able to successfully log in and use Message+ via the web applet using Firefox, Quantum, and Edge.  I do not think redirecting this question to be something about timing out has anything to do with the original question at all. The timeout issue is independent of the server error.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, when the original thread entry was posted, the first response/comment identified TWO issues. The time-out was the second issue. Note to future posters/commentors: Don't post multiple issues in a single thread or add your own issue to someone elses!