Highlighted

Seperating lines on family plan if you get divorced or seperated is NOT easy.

I am the account holder and need to seperate the family plan into single plan for myself and the other person has to assume liability for his line i know. If he refuses to do assume responsiblity for his line then why should I be punished by having to either keep paying for the family plan or the other option they told me is to pay the early termination fee and start my own account up..BUT I ALREADY HAVE MY OWN PLAN.... I've been with Verizon for a year  now and really don't want to go back to sprint but I will if it can't be resolved any other way.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Seperating lines on family plan if you get divorced or seperated is NOT easy.

Not applicable

Because all the lines are in your name. Technically YOU own the lines. If you have 4 lines for example all Verizon knows is YOU are the account owner. Verizon doesn't know who the other 3 people are that use those phones. When you set up the account you AGREED to be responsible or ALL lines. If you didn't want to be responsible then you shouldn't have agreed. And guess what, Sprint or at&t would be the same way. If you have a house with a mortgage and you move out because of a separation and your soon to be ex doesn't pay it, is it "fair" for you to pay for a place you no longer live? No, but guess whose credit will be ruined if the house goes into foreclosure?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Seperating lines on family plan if you get divorced or seperated is NOT easy.

Sr. Leader

I Feel for you.  I chose to keep things pleasant for my kids and am still carrying my ex on my account.

* important tip, change any passwords he might know or can guess!

You do have options which may force him to comply with the transfer of billing responsibility.

- You can turn off data to the phone online.  He can still make calls, text and use it on wifi.

-  You can temporarily suspend service on the phone.

-  Terminating service will incur early termination fees, so I don't advise that unless the fees are low enough to make it worth the hit.

Many people say they are sorry, when I mention I am divorced.  Please congratulate me!  Best thing I did for myself in a long time.  Good luck to you.

Highlighted

Congratulations! Me too!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Smiley Happy

Awesome!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Sometimes paying the EFT is worth not having to deal with the other person anymore. Also a few months of having to pay their part of the bill is probably more than the ETF.

Highlighted

I'll think about that. Thank you!

On Feb 19, 2015 7:43 PM, "useless_username" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes