Senior discount information

Hello

My husband and I have been with verizon over 20years. In reading one of my emals from AARP they were talking about discounts that seniors are entitled to and mentioned several cell phone companies that offer senior discounts. Some were quite substantial and tempting for us to switch to. However since we have been longtime customers of your company I wanted to check to see if Verizon offers any senior discounts. Anyone have info about this subject?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: Senior discount information

No offense but your length of service at Verizon is moot. I'm not sure why people bring that up. There is not X amount of years equal X amount of discount. I've been going to McDonald's for over 40 years I don't get any special discount for that.

Anyway there is this 55+, 55 plus | Senior Phone Plan from Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello, GYPSY50 and thanks so much for your many years of loyalty with Verizon. I am also over 50 and I know saving money is crucial, especially on a fixed income. I would love to be able to go over your account with you to see what options we may specifically have available to offer you. I will send a Private message so that you can email me. 

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

The closest thing is the 55+ discounted unlimited plan and that is burried deep. Only a small handful of states are covered.

For copying T-Mobile, Verizon is doing a poor job at it.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel wrote:

The closest thing is the 55+ discounted unlimited plan and that is burried deep. Only a small handful of states are covered.

For copying T-Mobile, Verizon is doing a poor job at it.

For the record people from other state have gotten this plan. It's been offered in their offers part of My Verizon

As far as copying t-mobile. As long as they keep gaining customers and the revenue is fine they have no need to copy T-Mobile. If they have an quarter like they did in Q1 2017 then sure they'll change things. People that really want to see changes are going to have to actually LEAVE Verizon before Verizon takes anything seriously