Highlighted

Senior Citizen Discounts

ari8350

I lost my Chase discount when I retired. This is a lousy way to penalize senior citizens, even if it is Chases fault it reflects on you, as your senior plan comes out more expensive then your regular plan.

I have since found out that AT&T offers AARP Members a discount. Will Verizon also offer this discount. I am sure many AARP members would like an answer to this question.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Senior Citizen Discounts

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want you to have the best value for your service with us aril8350. I do apologize the discount was lost. As part of corporate agreements for Employee  discounts, retired employees of corporations with an employee profile are not eligible to receive discounts. However, we do have the senior citizen plans available like stated above. What plan are you currently in? How many line? We can see if there is other ways to save you some money.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader
0 Likes

ari8350

My wife and I have smartphones. Using Verizon's generous (for them) Nationwide 65 Plus Plan my pre tax cost would be $139.98. With my current non discount More Everything Plan my cost is $110.00 As you can see Verizon does not offer a senior discount plan. AT&T offers a  AARP members discount. Why can't Verizon offer the same discount???????

Community Manager
Community Manager

We always want you to have the best value for your service with us aril8350. I do apologize the discount was lost. As part of corporate agreements for Employee  discounts, retired employees of corporations with an employee profile are not eligible to receive discounts. However, we do have the senior citizen plans available like stated above. What plan are you currently in? How many line? We can see if there is other ways to save you some money.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

aril8350 Is correct.  The 65 plus plan costs more per line for less talk and text.  Specific phones are offered, no discount is offered.   More everything is a better deal.

no AARP discount? 

ari8350

I am on the MORE EVERY UNL TLK&TXT 1GB plan which cost $110. Senior plan with less would cost $139.98 as I stated above. Verizon Wireless does not offer a viable senior discount. AT&t does offer an AARP discount.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

IF ATT provides good coverage, and a good price, you can switch.  At the moment Verizon offers a better price for families, but it may not be right for you.  Depending on the phones you have, they may work on ATT.

0 Likes

Lynn1insc

Verizon needs to take care of the people who have been with them and have been loyal to them for years!  I am also losing my employee discount when I need it the most.  I have a large package and each of us are too tech savy for flip phones.  I will be looking at other companies now.  Especially ones that offer AARP discounts.  I will pay early termination fees on 2 phones but  I have 2 others that are soon to be off contract.  I am certainly not going to pay more for a "senior plan" that is more expensive! 

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Lynn1insc wrote:

Verizon needs to take care of the people who have been with them and have been loyal to them for years!  I am also losing my employee discount when I need it the most.  I have a large package and each of us are too tech savy for flip phones.  I will be looking at other companies now.  Especially ones that offer AARP discounts.  I will pay early termination fees on 2 phones but  I have 2 others that are soon to be off contract.  I am certainly not going to pay more for a "senior plan" that is more expensive! 

I'm not sure what your level of "tech savy" has to do with not needing flip phones. Some of the most "tech savy" people I know have flip phones. They choose not to have smartphones.

All this talk about "taking care of people who have been with them and have been loyal to them for years" doesn't mean a whole lot. Do you pay Verizon MORE each month than you are required to on your bill? If not, why should Verizon give more to you than the service tier to which you choose to subscribe.

If you find a provider which suits your needs better, go with them. If Verizon is the better choice, stay with them. If you are on the Senior plan and can get a better price with More Everything, switch. It is not rocket science.

0 Likes

knotty33

this is STUPID that verizon doesn't have a discount for seniors. thinking about switching to AT&T!! been a customer as long as I can remember and this is dirtty!!