Sending email to corporate headquarters and customer relations

DVITALECOX

This public forum seems to be the only way anyone can get around a "specific" department at your company which is my "specific" issue.

I have been a loyal customer for many, many years. I am rational, patient and understanding. I have never been late or a payment or been a credit risk. I have had a number of misadventures with my account in the last year.

When my son moved to “nowhere”, Texas where you did not have coverage, I had to switch his line to AT&T. The AT&T re-seller lied to me and said “Try us, if it doesn’t work out you can switch back within 72 hours no problem.” I tried. Lies!

Further misadventures led to 2-3 ghost accounts with Verizon when one of your re-seller's tried to bring me in as new customer and port me back three times. More misadventures when I discovered the difference between one of your stores and a re-seller. A couple more misadventures when AT&T would not release my line so that you could port me back.

Great customer service at your store, with the Customer Win-Back department and with your porting department resolving this issue. However… I decided to try auto-payments and a typo was made when they helped me sign up. I was also switched to “paperless” without being told. I had already made a payment which was applied to the -001 account instead of the -002 which made it look like I had a late payment. I did not know that the credit card payment had failed until I got a text saying my phone was going to be turned off. Another late payment.

I called in and was switched to the credit department and they took my payment by phone. They did not tell me I was switch to “cash only”. The next month, I sent a check in as I always do and my check was returned almost a month later. Third late payment none of which was technically my fault. I called in to try to resolve it but was disconnected. When I called back, Customer Service told me only “Credit” could handle it. When I finally got “Credit” they told me only “Customer Service” could handle (lie!) Then, the customer service agent who was dismayed by what was going on decided to place a “party call” to “Credit”.

“Credit” was affronted that “Customer Service” had done this. Said it was none of their business and when asked if there was a supervisor, she said she was one and insisted customer service leave the call. She then took my credit card information and payment and told me she would would expedite the appeal and that someone would contact me within 2 days (lie too!) She also said that the “cash only” restriction would end in November regardless. The customer service agent called me back, told me they took the restriction off only long enough to process the payment and then put it back on.

EVERYONE else at Verizon is SUPER and incredulous that “Credit” is able and willing to do this. My son is no longer in Texas and I was about to purchase him a new phone and switch him back. I just received statement and my status is still “cash only.” Yet another lie! I have not used cash in twenty years and traveling to the bank and your store is an unreasonable inconvenience for someone with great credit and extenuating circumstances.

I’m done being rational and patient! Either remove this restriction so I can pay like I have been for over 10 years and I will bring my son’s line back with an equipment purchase or I’m going to find a company that does not allow one “disgruntled” person in one department to punish their customers for her own unhappiness and I will influence the two companies I manage with multiple cell phone accounts to do the same.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Sending email to corporate headquarters and customer relations

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

DVITALECOX wrote:

I’m done being rational and patient! Either remove this restriction so I can pay like I have been for over 10 years and I will bring my son’s line back with an equipment purchase or I’m going to find a company that does not allow one “disgruntled” person in one department to punish their customers for her own unhappiness and I will influence the two companies I manage with multiple cell phone accounts to do the same.

My thoughts are to go ahead and do what you feel you need to do whether that is to move to another carrier or stay. I think the "you shouldn't do this to me because I'm important" threat rarely works because MANY who voice complaints on these forums voice the same threat. It is amazing how the majority of people who have problems with Verizon always seem to be the people in charge of guiding the cellular purchasing habits of so many companies AND a company would allow such a large expenditure simply because one of their employees has a problem with Verizon while they may not have any such problem themselves.

The following is the mailing address for customer service. They no longer have an email address.

Verizon Wireless

ATTN: Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

0 Likes

Re: Sending email to corporate headquarters and customer relations

DVITALECOX

Wow! Am I out of touch or what? Is this really what it’s like out there now? No wonder our customers and employees never want to leave and focusing on customer service has made us the highest customer rated company in our area. We don’t even have to advertise. It’s amazing what a little common courtesy can do! The even pay more! I sure do miss good old fashion decency. Too bad my corporate rep can’t help. Maybe I’ll just switch my line to the business account.

0 Likes