Highlighted

Screwing over existing customers

I want to know how Verizon thinks it's okay & legal to raise rates on unlimited data plans for existing customers, when they don't even offer it to new customers? They did this on November 15th, 2015 without giving any advance notice to their customers. I think it's a bunch of crap & wonder if the BBB would be interested in knowing how they want to rip off hard working people, so they can pad their profits?

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Screwing over existing customers

It's legal because you agreed to the changes in your contract/customer agreement. You can read the details online from their website if you need a copy. So no, the BBB would not be too interested in this pricing change either.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Gearjammer666, we understand your stance on the change to the pricing on our grandfathered unlimited data plans. Thirty days prior to the November 15th launch date you quoted. All impacted customer were given advance notification via their bill and their My Verizon accounts that the change was happening.

Please keep in mind that, data usage is growing and the price increase reflects our escalating costs to provide unlimited data. The price increase lets customers who love unlimited data, keep it – at the best value. Unlike options that competitors call unlimited, our customers keep the fast speeds they expect on the best network with no throttling and no off-network limitations.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

OF course it's legal.  And $50 for unlimited data is more than fair when $50 on a limited plan Buy's only 5-6 GBS of data on this or other carriers.

If you don't like the cost, you have no contract with Verizon and can switch at any time.

Verizon could have terminated or increased the cost on the plan as soon as a customers 2 year contract ended.  Instead they waited 5 years to increase the cost.