Highlighted

Scam: account deactivated?

Kimikocapri

I just received a message saying my account had been deactivated.  I know it's a scam. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Scam: account deactivated?

chesabill

Just got the same message saying my account had been suspended.  How am I still getting service if it has been suspended.  A scam asking to press 1 to reactivate.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

Kimikocapri, we recognize your account safety is important and we definitely want to ensure that you're able to take the proper action to protect your account. Help is here. To clarify, how did you receive the message? Fortunately, you may follow the steps under item 4 "What should I do if I receive a Verizon Wireless email or text message that seems fraudulent?" to report any messages that you suspect are fraudulent: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/#gid2 Let us know if this helps.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes

dexman

I wouldn't respond to the text message.

I would call Verizon Wireless Customer Service to verify the status of the account. If it is in good standing, then, the message would be bogus  and, likely, a case of phishing.

0 Likes

frog3364

I just got the same phone call from [removed] (perhaps a spoofed number) at 11:20 at night.  Automated robotic voice said "Dear Verizon Customer," something about your "account has been suspended due to verification" I had just paid the bill today so I was curious but didnt press any keys as the automated voice asked.  I just left it hang up on itself and came here.

My account is paid in full and in good standing so this has got to be some sort of phishing scam but odd that they call so late at night...

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Chesabill,

In today's day and age it is important to be cautious of any message you receive regarding account information. As mentioned in a previous post you can view the link regarding receiving a possible fraudulent message. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phishing-faqs/#gid2

In addition, you can always check account status and activity by viewing your account online through My Verizon or through your My Verizon app. 

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

frog3364, your security is one of our top priorities! I can understand your concern with this call in the middle of the night. However, automated responses can be spontaneous! That said, we always want to make sure your account is in the clear with no security hazards to be seen. Have you called into Care recently to check? - MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

TW928

I get this message almost daily regarding my Verizon email. It says if I don't wish to deactivate I should provide my password.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, Tw928. Would you mind if we request a screenshot of what you see on your end? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes

ZD6

I am getting these emails too, past week.  

0 Likes