Highlighted

Samsung S4 No Alert Sounds

Since the jellybean (?) software update some time back, neither my calendar or messages give off a sound.  I have checked and rechecked all my settings and they are on. The item pops up on my screen but does not ring, churp, etc.   Can someone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Samsung S4 No Alert Sounds

Customer Support

dla928, I know the importance of being notified for your important messages. We are here to help. What's the make/model of your phone?
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Samsung Sch-l545

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

dla928, thanks so much for the information. Let’s continue to work on this together. How long ago was the update? Are you currently on WiFi? If so, please try to turn off and then see if the notification work now. Also have you tried your phone in Safe Mode to see if the issue still arises? If not, no worries! Here’s how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s4-reset/#restart-in-safe-mode Once in Safe Mode test it again for us. Keep us posted with the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

No change with wifi.  I could not bring up the safe mode as you specified.  The first update was approx 6 months ago.  My alarm clock has always  rang, but my calendar alerts do not have the same ring.  If I have my text messages pop up will that stop my text notification?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

dla928, great information to know. Are you using the stock applications that came with the phone? Or did you download a different application to use for both messaging and calendar. When you checked the notification settings, did you check them through:  settings> My device> Sound and Notification?  Also myh apologies about Safe Mode not turning on, can you try that process a few more times for us to see if it comes on for you? Keep us posted on the outcome. We look forward to hearing from you.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have tried everything you have mentioned.  The only problem I have Is  notification of text .

0 Likes
Highlighted

What application do you use for text messaging?  Have you checked its notification settings, usually text messaging apps have their own notification settings and may or may not use those specified in the general notification settings of the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am using the basic (default) app.  I have been working with someone for a few months and have gone through everything.  If possible, please review the past conversations to eliminate repetition.  Thanks Diana

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sorry I didn't expand the "Show earlier" section before responding. 

If you are using the default app I presume it is Message+ by Verizon?  To set its notification sound open it and get to the Conversations screen and click the three dot menu in the top right and select Customize. In there you will find Tones which is the notification sound that is used for text notifications.

0 Likes