Highlighted

SWITCHING SERVICE PROVIDERS!

jamiejay

I called Verizon on 11/02/2015 and started a chat conversation online with a rep just to verify that I would indeed receive both the $75 promo credit that Target offers for activating a new line and the $150 port-in credit from At&t. I left At&t and paid the ETF to switch over my brother's line. I have been with Verizon since I was 18 years old, i'm now 22 years old with 5 lines! After not receiving the $150 credit, I called in to see what happened and the rep told me I would get it, I just had to wait at least 3 billing cycles. The line we ported over, the iphone 6 dropped in the bath tub and broke. Target's insurance would not cover it. I called Verizon TWICE and started an online conversation to see if I bought a Verizon ipad at full price and put it on that line, would it void the Promo, and both times they responded that the only thing that would void it would be if I canceled the line. 3 billing cycles later I still don't receive it. I called in and the lady said that I would not get it because of the $75 Target credit (couldn't be combined). I call back and was told because I activated the ipad on December and the promo ended in November (even though the port in itself was in November). I call back again and was told that I couldn't get it because of the ipad activation in replacement of the phone. Keep in mind I have all the chat printouts confirming I could. The nice woman put me on hold for about 30 minutes and said she doesn't see why I would not get it as I qualified for it and she put in a request that could take 48 hours. A week later, no credit. I just called in and was told I would not get it and  there was no request ever put in. The rep was very rude and told me it doesn't matter what I was told or what I have printed out, that I still won't get it. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he sure, just realize that he's going to say the same thing because he guarantee's I cannot get a credit on this account for that port-in.  I have all chat printouts. I have all the times and dates of my phone calls but after 3 months of being told I would get it, all of a sudden it's all these excuses as to why I should not? That's no fair. I was lied to many times. I pay so much money every month when I can just switch to At&t and get the $150 port in credit for all 5 lines and make $750 by just switching! They also said I can use my current iphones! I am so ashamed about Verizon and how they handled this and how they refuse to give me my $150 port in credit because I went from off what their reps said I could do. Isn't fair.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: SWITCHING SERVICE PROVIDERS!

Community Manager
Community Manager

jamiejay,

I'm sorry to hear the iPhone 6 was damaged and could no longer remain on the line. I apologize for the information provided, I understand how this was an inconvenience. All promotions are subject to change, but more importantly, need to meet qualifications. When the line doesn't, then it's not eligible. This is provided with your agreement, as well as the diclaimer on promotion material.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes

jamiejay

And I understand that. But the swapping out my phone for an ipad, which I paid full price for, was confirmed multiple times over the phone and through the online chat. I mean, I even have the chat sessions printed out. They clearly say it's ok. I only switched it because of that. If not, then I wouldn't have. Verizon telling me "oh well" is kind of disappointing. You guys basically lied to me, or mis-informed me, but I shouldnt have to pay for actions I did on the wrong advice and confirmations of customer service representatives

dad_of_2

You would not be able use your iphones with another carrier. They would be locked. Only Verizon can unlock them.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Verizons phones are all unlocked, out of the box.  If he bought the phone outright for full retail, he is also not under any contract and can leave at any time.

since the iPhone 6 is a truly universal phone, he can use it on any other network in the world.

if he was still under a contract or on the Edge installment plan, the ETFs or balance of Edge installments would be due immediately.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@jamiejay

The promotion was for porting lines from AT&T.   You only get the credit if you stay with Verizon.  Since the iPhone broke, you did not keep that line with Verizon.  Replacing it, in your mind, with an iPad is not the same and was not a ported number or device.  No promo qualification.

i Have also never seen a promotion that didn't say, "Can't be combined with any other offer"

You ou did not fulfill the requirements of the promo.  Just because you got a lot of "yes" on the phone means nothing when the account is reviewed up the line and you are determined not to be eligible for the line credit.

0 Likes