Highlighted

Re: SMS Spam from Email Addresses

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry for the issue you are having jtucker615. We want to help in any way that we can. Are you checking these options through the My Verizon App, or website? Does it become disabled right away?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes for weeks now I have the same issues on my iPhone with VERIZON.  They want you to join a plan for over $7.00 a month to block spam messages so I wonder if they are coming through VERIZON to generate business profits.  I’m pretty sick of it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If I find an expert witness who can credibly and solidly support my supposition that Verizon could filter out this cyber feces (which Verizon's outsourcees in the Phillipines say is impossible), I'll file a class action lawsuit.  Until such an expert convinces me that the filtering cannot be done, I'll assume that Verizon profits off of the spam or the avoided expense of filtering it.  One of my clients, a nurse, quit Verizon and swears by Straight Talk.

0 Likes
Highlighted

PS:  This screenshot shows Verizon engaged in fraud claiming that this **bleep** is blocked knowing full well that it isn't blocked even when using its favored messaging app "Message+".  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10221283353209287&set=a.1159721749150&type=3&theater

0 Likes
Highlighted

What a joke.  You know darned well that none of that is relevant.  Shame on you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's a FRAUD.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That's an admission of Verizon incompetence/complicity.

0 Likes
Highlighted

We need to find a responsible, honest carrier.  I hope that some competitor has solved this problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted

STOP IT!  Just block that **bleep** like your website fraudulently says will be done when the proper boxes are checked.  OR find another line of work.

0 Likes
Highlighted

First off, thank you to Duke for a succinct description of the problem - I am having the exact same issue.

Second, sardonically hilarious to see the Verizon representatives’ responses.  Sadly, they reinforce the customer service frustration Duke was describing in the first place!

My question is this: can Verizon provide an option that allows its users to block ALL incoming SMS messages from ANY email address?  The only SMS and iMessage texts that I care to receive come from numbers, not email addresses, but the sex spam texts all seem to come from different email addresses.  This would be one way to solve the problem, at least for me.

Verizon rep bot: please don’t reply with  your empathy/concern and then eventually suggest that I change my number!  That is not an option, of course. I just want to know If there’s a way to block all texts from email addresses.

Thanks.

0 Likes