Highlighted

SMS Messages turned to Group Messages

So, I used VZ Content Transfer to switch from a Galaxy S6 to a Google Pixel 2.  Everything seems great, but a few of my text messaging conversations became group messages between my number and the other person.  Not all of the conversations are that way, but some are.  In fact, the Messages+ application showed my conversations as all coming in at the time I did the transfer and in a completely random order.  How can I get my message conversations to be correct?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: SMS Messages turned to Group Messages

Expert

You could try a different SMS Backup application available from the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Re: SMS Messages turned to Group Messages

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is concerning to hear that you are experiencing issues with the transfer of content from one device to another. I would like to look into potential troubleshooting. Do you have a Verizon Cloud? If so, would you be able to test to see if restoring content through the Cloud, rather than through Content Transfer, to see if it restores the same way?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes