Highlighted

Robo calls

kaya225

I recently have been getting a lot of spam calls from Europe, and have been charged for international calls made from my phone which I never made. I've called Verizon 10 times in 3 weeks. Every time I call, they say they will remove the charges, but they keep popping back up a week later. I've gotten the run-around, call Fraud department, and when I do they tell me to call customer service, back and forth. The fraud department was rude as heck and told me these calls were absolutely coming from my phone, and there is no fraud...but that's the fraud, as I've never made an international call ever. I called and asked for a supervisor, she seemed helpful and a cut above the normal rep, but she gave me a fake contact and never followed up like she said she would. Getting no-where, wasting my time, and extremely frustrated with how Verizon customer service is lacking in every way. thinking about leaving Verizon. Is there any way to get someone that can help, or is this company on its way out and impossible to deal with? 

0 Likes

Re: Robo calls

boringusername

don't answer them

0 Likes

kaya225

Genius idea except I don't answer them. I'm being billed for international calls coming from my phone that I don't make. Somehow, not on my end, Verizon is seeing calls made from my phone that I never made. They remove the charges, then add them back when I get off the phone. they are almost as useless as your response is. I wouldn't be here if it was as simple as not answering these calls, and they come in at 4 am when I'm sleeping. 

0 Likes

Kimcwright11

I understand! Some stores are better than others... perhaps you will have better luck in person at a store? Otherwise, email so you have a paper trail.

0 Likes

Its possible your Sim card info  was hacked which allows others to make calls using your phone account. This make it appear you are making the calls. Also do you see other domestic calls being made to numbers you are not aware. You should contact a Verizon supervisor with this likely concern. Ask for a new Sim card if it will correct the issue. Also never answer calls from numbers you are not familiar with. Let them go to voicemail. I hope this helps.

0 Likes