Highlighted

Reversing charges due to fraud

employee13

Here's what happened: Wife and I were in a mall shopping on Jan 9, she tried calling me and kept getting intercept messages - I found out my phone didn't work either. Went to a Verizon kiosk where one of the employees contacted Verizon to find out what the status of the phones was. Found out that someone in California (we are in western NY) decided to get two new smart phones on my account, changed my plan from no data to 6gb data. Apparently they wanted to add the two lines keeping outs active but as it was viewed as an upgrade Verizon made our phones inactive.

We caught this the day after the fraud occurred. If our phones had not been deactivated we wouldn't have found out until the next bill.

I checked in on my bill for this past month. Now, here is the problem. Verizon did not put my account back to what it was before the fraud -- I talked to them several times about this shortly after the incident but they never reversed the activities.

So now I have a  bill of over 188 when it should be about 57. Using on line chat yesterday (1/27) the rep told me she (female name) couldn't reverse the charges, only the fraud dept could. So I called in to customer service today (1/28).

The rep was able to reverse some of the charges, apparently she had her manager do it. The problem is all of the charges caused by the fraud weren't reversed. When she told me the bill due amount I challenged it and said connect me with your manager. So she sent me to v-mail. I left a pointed message with a phone number giving her a half hour to respond. I never should have been sent to voice mail, shows Verizon or the rep has no common sense.

Moving on after a half hour I called another number!!! Verizon has all kinds of numbers to call if you are unhappy, I'm surprised one of them isn't for a trial supply of darvon.

This person was able to reverse some of the charges and turned me over to the fraud dept, where the gal said customer service would reverse the charges. So they point their fingers at each other -- who can reverse the charges??

After a lot of discussion I was told that the bill would revert back to my original. The present bill won't show the changes but would have a credit on it -- were i to pay it in full which I will not I will pay my usual amount, making it over 130 short! Hope this doesn't affect my credit rating.

The bill charged me for the data plan for the following month - no one had taken it off and changed me back to the basic plan. I was also charged for the disconnect fees for the two phones someone in California stole using my account.

Being a QA professional were I to rate Verizon on this debacle it wouldn't be difficult: unacceptable.

How many others find their CS lacking? Is anyone at Verizon actually listening and acting on our complaints?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Reversing charges due to fraud

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is not the experience we wanted for you after experiencing Fraud on your account. Our customer’s account security is important and should be handled in timely matter.  We apologize for your experience with our team and are here to help turn things around employee13.  I want to make sure that your account is set up correctly and that all charges have been removed.  I will send a private message to better assist.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

employee13

I received your e-mail in my personal account. You realize you have asked for confidential information be sent using e-mail. Now, I really have a problem with that, as I expect you would also.

I can give you the invoice number here: [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

I just went on to view my bill, after giving time for it to catch up with what CS tried to do earlier.

There is a bill due amount on the upper left which does not match the bill due amount on the itemized list. The bill still shows an outstanding amount of 188.86!

Before this happened my plan was the More Every 700 Mins & Unl txt plan. The fraudsters changed it to the Verizon Plan Large 6Gb plan. This was not changed back. There was also a charge for data they used! I was told these would be removed and there they are.

Also, there are charges for the removal of the fraudsters phones including activation fees. These should also be removed.

We have non-smart flip phones. We have NO use for a data plan. I don't understand why any customer rep can't see that when they look at our account.

Ok, the ball is in your court let's see where it goes from here.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Employee13,

We take account security very seriously, and we surely do not want private information going out over a non-secure source. We are defnintely committed to making this right. I can assure you when you received that email it was because we sent you a private message. Your information is secure with this type of communication.

We are more than happy to assist via private message, and you can just reply to the one we have sent you. However, if you are still not comfortable with that route, please reach out to our Fraud Prevention Team at 888-483-7200.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

employee13

OK, I"ll try that number again, they couldn't help me yesterday!

To add to the BS I received notifications today from Verizon Wireless of changes to my plan. Odd you seem to be treating this as though I have made all of the changes to the plan when I have made none. I repeat, I have made NO changes to my plan. Any changes were made by a fraudulent party -- I discussed this at length the Verizon Fraud on 1/9/16. I was told the account would be returned to what is was before these changes occurred but this hasn't been done.I should have the same plan I had in December. Two lines, no data.

Verizon seems to want to charge me for what I didn't order, usage for what I didn't order and then activation fees and deactivation fees for phones I did NOT take possession of.

For a communications company Verizon could do a lot to improve internal communications.

Now, I will call that number again. Hopefully I won't be shoved of into someone's voice mail as I was before -- no one ever returned a call to me. My opinion is that the 'manager' and the CS rep should either be fired or retrained. Guess which one I'm a fan of right now.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am confident our Fraud team will assist with getting this resolved for you, employee13. They are fully equiped to handle situations exactly like this. We definitely take account security seriously. The only other avenue of support for this would be to reply to the private message we have sent you so we can discuss personal information. I understand if you are uncomfortable doing that, but I want to assure you we're committed to getting this resolved.

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes