Highlighted

Revalidating for the 50% Apple Discount does not work for corporate employees.

ekc1179

I have a discount through my employer Apple Corporate.  Verizon would like me to re-validate my eligibility within the next 5 days to continue receiving my Sales Maker discount. If we have access to InfoCenter, the link to the enrollment page is in the InfoCenter Sales Maker page through www.source.apple.com. But we don't have access to InfoCenter link currently.

I received 2 email messages noting that I needed to revalidate my employee discount. However I’m unable to due to a dead URL link that cannot be accessed currently.

And it states: Your employment validation is not complete. Refer to the Recent Submissions section below for more information. Please complete your employment validation by 05/31/2019.

I applied with the link: https://source.apple.com/basic-page/verizon-salesmaker-program-redirect (which is now a dead link)

When I applied it was directly online with the link mentioned above. Unfortunately we don't know who the coporate connection nor know if we have a Verizon contact (which I was told to contact) at the Apple office in Sunnyvale/Cupertino.

NOTE: my personal email is tied to the account holder (myself) andmy work email got me validated the first time.

MyVerizon asks for my work email, and actually remembers the email that I provided when I set up the discount initially.  It has not changed, so I click OK, and I'm brought to a webpage that says "We're Sorry.  The data provided does not match your account profile."

Given that I have provided no data, I find this to be a really useless error message.  Can anybody provide any insight into what is going on?

Re: Revalidating for the 50% Apple Discount does not work for corporate employees.

JACHOL38

In order to revalidate for the 50% off sales maker program you are required to do the following:

- You need to be an Apple Retail Employee 

- AT a computer at the Apple store on the Apple Retail VPN go to source.apple.com and search for Verizon. You might need to make sure the dropdown at the bottom shows "Retail" 

- Follow the steps and renew your sales maker discount

If you no longer work for Apple, obviously this is not going to work. If you work for Apple but not at retail anymore then this will not work. The discount is intended for customer facing employees so it's. a perk that is lost once you leave Apple Retail. Even if you are still a Apple Corporate employee. 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy 

0 Likes

Re: Revalidating for the 50% Apple Discount does not work for corporate employees.

danteb234

I'm an Apple Retail employee and i'm getting the same results as the original poster. Please let us know a better answer. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

danteb234, have you reached out to Apple regarding your employment status with them? Is it possible that corporate employees do not qualify? Are you getting an error message, and if so, what did it say?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes

Aquel7

Hello! I also am an Apple retail employee and I have had 50% discount for the past two years, But when I tried to re-validate my email address you gave me the same error. Once I replied to my works portal it only gave me a 18% discount which is incorrect.  Other employees had similar issues but no soloution yet. I tried contacting employment verification through Verizon but apparently they can't look up anythingvI tried contacting employment verification through Verizon but apparently they can't look up anything. 

buchjodi

I am currently having the same issue, the only discount i could find was around 20% which is incorrect.

0 Likes

vmalchar

I'm an Apple Retail employee and also having the exact same issue.

I called VZW and they said they cannot help me.

I hope someone at VZW sees this and gets us the help we need to re-validate.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to ensure our Sales Maker employees are able to take advantage of the discount. 

Sales Maker employees are required to revalidate their eligibility for the Verizon Sales Maker Program every 6 months. You must either revalidate through InfoCenter or the company website. If there is a problem or question, you must contact your Verizon Indirect Account Manager.

Sales Makers from Apple, Best Buy, Target (Market Source) and Walmart or Sam's Club do not have access to InfoCenter and must enroll and revalidate through your employer.

These are the steps you will need to take. We apologize for the confusion. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes

RastaImp0sta

Im having that issue too

The verizon rep has yet to find any type of answer. When I called verizon, 3 months ago for this same issue, they said "It looks like you work at...Target?" And I kindly said "No, Ive worked for apple for 9 years".

No one can give me an answer and it is extremely frustrating. If you buy your own phone, there is no need to pay $100 phone bill every month. The only reason I havent left is because of 2 factor authentication. 

Find. An. Answer.

0 Likes