Highlighted

Reset voicemail password LG Exalt

kelina

How do I reset my voicemail password?  This is on a new phone and the old phone is totally dead.  Password was programmed in.  I checked the call history for any extra digits on the VM call number, but those 4 extra numbers did not work as the password.  I would like to reset the password on LG Exalt.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Reset voicemail password LG Exalt

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Dial *86, then put in whatever the current password is. Then choose options 4 (Personal Options), 2 (Administrative Options), 1 (General Options), 1 (Password).  It will then prompt you to enter the new 4-digit password.

If you do not know your current password, you may have to call Customer service (*611 from the handset, or 800-922-0204 from any phone) and have them reset it for you.

0 Likes

kelina

I found no information on this online, or in the manual.  At least none of it worked.  What did work is calling voicemail directly from the phone and following the prompts through general settings to "password change."  It generated a random password, and then would not allow me to make my own password.  At least now I can access voicemail.

0 Likes

kelina

Thanks for your reply!  I did not know the current password, but the VM system generated a random one and I did not even have to wait for a human rep.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Interesting - and I'm glad you got into your voicemail.  Using that random password, can you now go through the steps again to set your own password?

0 Likes

babygirl888

0 Likes