Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Removing a device from my plan.

Gorn1120

A friend has a phone on my plan; her touchscreen broke, so she went and started her own plan with a new phone at a new carrier.  Now, I'm stuck with a broken phone on my contract.  What is the likelihood that I won't have to pay a ton?  The phone has been active since Jan '14 and I want to remove this line.

What are my options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Removing a device from my plan.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Your ETF on that phone is about $160.  Maybe someone else needs a number and has a phone.  They can basically take over the payment of that line to you.  In the end, you'd be replacing the user in your situation.  Otherwise, pay the ETF and be done.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Your ETF on that phone is about $160.  Maybe someone else needs a number and has a phone.  They can basically take over the payment of that line to you.  In the end, you'd be replacing the user in your situation.  Otherwise, pay the ETF and be done.

View solution in original post

Gorn1120

Snn5, would someone have the option to transfer that line and start their own plan?

EDIT: If not, would they have to keep the same number, or could they use the number they currently have from another carrier?  (Their current contract is either ending or intentionally getting stopped)

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

You would have to either allow them to use your line or transfer to them using an Assumption of Liability.  They could not use their own number from another carrier.

My Verizon FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes