Removing A Line With Leased Device

Jharpe06

I currently have a total of 4 lines. 2 smartphones and 2 smart watches. Am I able to remove 2 of those lines from my plan and just continue to make the device payments on those two lines instead?

long story short, the 2 devices I'm trying to remove belonged to an ex. She took the phone and the watch then left me with the bill. I have no way of contacting her to get them back and neither of her lines have had any activity for months. I'm essentially paying for two extra lines that I don't have the devices physically in hand, nor are they being used. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Removing A Line With Leased Device

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is important that you are able to manage your Bill. Have you reported the devices as lost or stolen? This will disable the devices so they cannot be used on Verizon Wireless, or on other networks. If you do not currently have Device Payments on the lines you are using, you can move the device payments on the inactive lines to your other lines. If you disconnect the lines while they have an active Device Payment Agreement, the Device Payment Agreement will go to forced buyout and appear on the next bill. 

PeterP_VZW

Highlighted

Tigerstep
Novice

If you have insurance, you could file as stolen devices to get a replacement (with deductible).

As for the loan, you can't pay it by itself. Once you disconnect the line it's attached to, it will bill the remaining amount to your next bill. If you have a line that's upgrade eligible, you can swap the loan to that line before disconnecting.

Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Jharpe06 wrote:

I currently have a total of 4 lines. 2 smartphones and 2 smart watches. Am I able to remove 2 of those lines from my plan and just continue to make the device payments on those two lines instead?

long story short, the 2 devices I'm trying to remove belonged to an ex. She took the phone and the watch then left me with the bill. I have no way of contacting her to get them back and neither of her lines have had any activity for months. I'm essentially paying for two extra lines that I don't have the devices physically in hand, nor are they being used. 

The phones are yours and you had the right blacklist them when she took them off of your account without paying.   Do so now.  
   Fortunately if you cancel the lines you will be responsible for the lump sum remainder of any installments on those devices.

0 Likes