Remove notification "get Verizon data"

ADRGLA56

I removed the Ellipsis from my Verizon account once my two-year contract was over with the goal of using it only as a tablet with WiFi. Now I have a permanent notification that looks like three white dots on my screen's upper left corner that says "get Verizon data" that I cannot swipe away. This is frustrating as I have paid my dues to Verizon and would not want to see this permanent notification. I have tried everything I could through Settings, but nothing gets rid of this message. Is this feature built in just as a pressure tactic to get me to pay Verizon for data again?

Labels (1)

Re: Remove notification "get Verizon data"

Community Manager
Community Manager

I use my tablet for everything, and I would not want an unwanted message showing up on the screen ADRGLA56. Let's make sure we take care of this issue for you. I realize you said that you checked settings, but I want to double check a setting with you. Here is a link to walk you through it: http://vz.to/2sk9Nsm;

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Gregarious1

I have the exact same issue and cannot get the link provided to work.  This is quite annoying. . . 

0 Likes

cin3

can you repost the link. this one is not working

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Device or link concerns are not what we want for you. Allow me to help. To clarify, what make and model device do you have? Provide us with specific details about your concern.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

hpad702

Remove the sim card, and or put the device in airplane mode then turn on WiFi. It should resolve the issue. 

Blackgoat777

I am having the same issue. It does feel like a pressure tactic. There is no support for this. Verizon is toted as the best but not if they're not making money off you for it. I think I'll be going back to U S Cellular after my phone is paid up. I don't pay hundreds of dollars per month for years to be treated like this. I pay a premium price so I need premium support. I might as well pay for cheap service knowing what I'll get instead of this the same thing for double $$$. Why isn't there a fix posted for this? It's because Verizon will not make money from fixing it.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Blackgoat777, we appreciate your loyalty, and we don't want to see you leave! I apologize for any difficulty you may be experiencing due to seeing this notification. The notification is simply an alert, to let the user know that they are no longer connected to cellular data, and provides an easy option to get more data if needed. Are you having any issues with your phone that are making you consider leaving? We'd like to help turn your experience around, so you can stay right here at Verizon. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

jakemandu

So VW help, how do we remove the notification?  It is a constant popup and annoys the heck out of us. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Did anyone try @hpad702 great advice? 

Remove the sim card, and or put the device in airplane mode then turn on WiFi. It should resolve the issue. 

0 Likes