Recover deleted messages with message+ app

amerkins1985

Is it possible to recover deleted text and picture messages with the message+ app?  I have seen several posts about recovering deleted messages and every post says that it can only be done if they are backed up with an app such as message+, but none of the threads explain how to recover in such apps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Recover deleted messages with message+ app

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, you can restore messages that have been synced with Verizon Messages in the last 90 days. Data usage applies unless you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Restoring from online may take some time if you have a lot of messages to restore.

Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless

Messaging | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yes, you can restore messages that have been synced with Verizon Messages in the last 90 days. Data usage applies unless you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Restoring from online may take some time if you have a lot of messages to restore.

Verizon Cloud | Verizon Wireless

Messaging | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

amerkins1985

Where is the option online?  When I go to the "Verizon Messages" web app, I do not see an option to recover deleted messages . . .

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

The option to restore any backed up text messages will be in the Cloud. What kind of phone do you have? For example here is how you would restore content from the cloud for an Android phone http://spr.ly/6589B8l1T

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Harley_Quinn

If I understand the system correctly the only way this will work for you is if you were using the Verizon messaging app,  I don't think 3rd party apps will back up to the cloud,. And you would have had to back up your data or had your cloud set up to back up for you at some point.

0 Likes

amerkins1985

@Harley_Quinn  . . . The "message+" app is a "Verizon messaging app".  It comes standard on the newer Android devices and is downloadable on the older Android devices.  The "web app" for message+ is located at Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless

amerkins1985

@BryanS_VZW . . . is it safe to assume that the backup can only be done from the phone itself and only if using the actual "Verizon cloud" service?  I do not see a "tools" option or "restore content" option on the message+ web app (Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless).  When I log into the "Verizon cloud" desktop site, I do not see the "tools" option or "restore content" option there either.  The instructions that you provided are for restoring directly on the device itself (which I will certainly try when I get home where the device is located) but if it can be done via web, that would be more beneficial for me at this point.

P.S. it is a Galaxy S3

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager
amerkins1985

The two services do go hand in hand when it comes to backing up messages. As long as you have integrated messaging enabled http://spr.ly/6582B8l22

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader