Highlighted

Recent change to online credit card payment forcing me to save my credit card info

shaggy505

I logged in online as I have done for years to pay my bill via credit card and it appears it now forces me to first save my credit card info before allowing me to pay, this was never the case and I rarely have credit card data auto saved except my wife's amazon account. I started a chat to ask if this was a new change (to me it is obvious) but never got an answer only that I can remove the card after saving. Thanks verizon for forcing me to save then remove, no thanks. But here's the issue, if I won't save my card info or save and remove I can call and be charged $7 to pay over phone. Calling is a total hassle and then to be charged is an insult when I pay $250 a month for three iphones and it's not unlimited and we haven't added our youngest yet.. I could go to a store and pay which is more of a hassle than calling. As a long time verizon customer (25 years in total) this is near the tipping point. Yes the network is good but now there are other very good networks for less money.

Highlighted

Re: Recent change to online credit card payment forcing me to save my credit card info

bearone21
Leader

easy choice, either keep paying the $7 or save the cc info.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Recent change to online credit card payment forcing me to save my credit card info

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

I noticed the wording change when I paid my last bill.  If you go through all the screens to make your payment, there's still the option not to save the credit card info, it's just further in the process than it was before.

0 Likes
Highlighted

shaggy505

Thanks, I will try that...

0 Likes

shaggy505

Easy choice if you don't care about online digital security, but hey corporations never get hacked. 

Highlighted

borv

Do you realize that corporations get hacked all the time?