Rebate Issue

REIWIL67

Good day.  I have been trying for over a month to get my rebate process since it came back as invalid.  While my rebate was in the pending status, I changed my phone number.  After I changed my number, I called the rebate department and notified them.  I was assured that my records were updated with the new information and not further action was required.  I called again to check the status of my rebate.  I originally submitted my rebate on 4/27 and called on 5/27 for an update.  I was informed by the CSR who answered the call that all of my documentation was complete and it would be sent to the approval department.  On 6/13 I called back in due to the status of my rebate showing invalid due to incorrect device ID, phone number, or purchase code.  I called customer service again and was informed that my phone number was never updated.  The CSR verified the IMEI number of the device and verified that the receipt, UPC bar codes, and purchase agreement were on my file.  Once again on 6/17 I received an invalid message, I called again for an explanation, and this time I was informed they changed the phone number for the incorrect device.  The CSR this time stated that he would escalate this immediately due to the deadline for the rebate card to be sent out was in two days. 

Well unfortunately I received an email stating my status was invalid on 6/18.  The CSR who took the call this time stated that the previous CSR never escalated the case.  She provided me with a reference number and also informed my that the order number was entered incorrectly as well.  I asked to speak with a supervisor at this point due to the numerous calls and emails I have sent in regards to the issue with no resolution.  The supervisor I spoke with stated that she did not have any way of contacting the escalation department and once again assured me everything was correct on my file and that all the needed documentation was attached.  In total I have called the rebate line 8 times trying to get this issue corrected.  Could someone please assist me with this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Rebate Issue

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to make sure that you get all your rebates REIWIL67. We don't have access to your rebate information but don't worry you can contact them at 800-457-0864.0 I am confident they will be able to assist.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

@REIWIL67

This is definitely not the type of experience we want you to have with our service. I would love to assist you in getting this rebate issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Please tell me what rebate offer were you attempting to submit? Was this rebate a part of a trade-in promotion? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

REIWIL67

Thank you for responding.  The rebate offer is: $672 for Samsung Galaxy S7, up to $792 for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  This was not part of a trade in promotion. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to make sure that you get all your rebates REIWIL67. We don't have access to your rebate information but don't worry you can contact them at 800-457-0864.0 I am confident they will be able to assist.

AmberF_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

REIWIL67

They have not been helpful at all.  In my initial post I stated the number of times I have called and emailed the rebate support and have yet to receive a resolution.  Due to this fact I reached out to the forum for a resolution.  I am amazed that none of the departments within your company are able to communicate with each other directly.  The rebate department is unable to contact their escalation department and you are unable to access any of my rebate information.  I am not trying to be difficult, but I have been unable to reach anyone that can assist.

0 Likes
Highlighted

REIWIL67

Good day. I called in this morning to check the status of my escalation.  It has been 15 days and I haven't received and update.  Well guess what I am now being informed that the escalation process time is now 30 days and this change took place last week!  I now believe that the rebate program is a total scam and that a different course of action is required.  NOBODY from Verizon has been honest about the process.  NOBODY from Verizon has been helpful in resolving the issue.  NOBODY from Verizon has taken ownership of the issue, only passing the blame and stating that it was a different department that handles the issue.  Regardless of which department handles the issue your company's name is on the problem!  I will be taking my for lines to another company and encourage all of my family and friends to do the same.  I am now updating all of my social media accounts with the "Verizon Rebate Scam" so that everyone will know the horrendous customer service and lies that Verizon stands behind.

0 Likes
Highlighted

GINWIL53

I'm in the same situation. I've been waiting since early April. Every time I call or ask for help I'm put off. The so-called "escalation" seems bogus. I never get any real answers. I am very unlikely to continue with Verizon if this isn't resolved very soon. Extremely unhappy customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

CARHOL22

I am having the exact same issue. Purchased in May under the iPhone Bogo and I have gone around and around with the rebate center. I took all the pictures of all the documents, barcodes etc and submitted twice. I too called in when I received my first notice 6/3 that the documentation was invalid, spoke to a CSR who told me all was well. I got a note that said everything was in review. On 7/8 I was told it couldn't be processed so I RE-submitted everything.  On 7/19 they wrote back AGAIN saying this was invalid. Every time I try to chat with Customer Service I get NO response. 

Is this really how you treat customers?! In a world of no contract I am surprised at this. I switched from another carrier but I could just as easily switch back. I want a reply and a remedy or I am leaving. ALL carriers have parody in terms of service and some have MUCH better service than this bait and switch scenario.

VERY unhappy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

GINWIL53

I JUST got a notice via email that my rebate was approved and will be mailed within 14 days. NOT holding my breath, but hopeful. This whole process has been maddening and bizarre.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

GINWIL53 What wonderful news. I don't blame you for how you are feeling right now. We really appreciate your patiencence and understanding as the Rebate Team worked this through. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes