Re: Why is my bill so high?

My phone bill with verizon is 150 a month.  Everyone I know pays a third of what I pay!!! Its insane!!  I dont have a bunch of extra stuff one phone it's ridiculous.  I think I'm going to switch it's just too expensive and doesnt even work at my house half the time 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@Francesca23 wrote:

My phone bill with verizon is 150 a month.  Everyone I know pays a third of what I pay!!! Its insane!!  I dont have a bunch of extra stuff one phone it's ridiculous.  I think I'm going to switch it's just too expensive and doesnt even work at my house half the time 

Which plan do you have? Is there a device payment  agreement?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

@Francesca23 wrote:

No one on these forums can answer this question because we can't see your bill. You can find out why your bill is so high by actually looking at it. Everything on your bill is itemized. If you see something on it you don't like, cancel that feature.

If your plan price is too high, switch to a less expensive plan.

If you have a BIG monthly phone payment on your bill, get a less expensive phone next time you purchase a phone OR don't purchase a phone on a monthly payment plan which is added to the monthly cost of your service. Many people purchase a very expensive phone on payments added to their monthly bill and then ask why their monthly bill is so high. In many instances the monthly payment for their chosen phone is MORE than the monthly payment for their service, so it LOOKS like the cost of their service is TOO HIGH when in fact it is the cost of the phone they chose to purchase. Get a less expensive phone or pay for the device upfront so it doesn't increase your monthly bill.

Highlighted

1. Here are some reasons why your bill may be higher (or lower) than usual:

• Partial charges due to plan changes you made in the previous billing period.
    • Product and service purchases you made in a previous billing period.
    • Promotions - Promotional credits or discounts can take 2-3 billing periods to be applied to your bill. (All the missing credits are then applied in a lump sum.)
    • Taxes on promotional items – Depending on that state in which you live, you might have to pay tax on products or services we give you for free.

Your bill includes a “Changes this month” summary when the amount of your current bill is is different than the amount of your last bill.

0 Likes