Highlighted

Re: Streaming Verizon Fios. Is it free?

Hello! 

I had used this app data-free on my 4gb plan for 3 years until 3 months ago, when it began ripping data while streaming. I had made no changes, and ALL criteria has been met per the EULA listed in the app (latest version of app, device registered, proper andriod version, talking to VZ-built tower). Have multiple tix open thru the app (latest response is; trying to get a good contact at VZW). Have called VZW many, many times only to be put on indefinite hold, hung up on, or cold xferred to Fios FSC, which has NOTHING to do with data usage! 3 months and MANY HOURS on the phone with ZERO follow up from VZ. All while watching current commercial for Fios TV app - stream your Fios data-free! Not very ambitious to upgrade, or even continue service. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your FiOS app is vital, especially if you are administering your usage. Please tell us more, what leads you to believe the data is derived from that app? What is your device make/model?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi ! Galaxy S5, registered, android version 6.0.1, latest version of app.  Deleted and reloaded. Tried same setup on wife's S7. Qtr mile from VZW tower. Snapshot of data usage from My Verizon app, log in, stream TV for 15min, log out (using NO other data between snapshots. Half gig used. Worked perfectly for 3 years. Started ripping data in November. VZW nor FSC can find anything changed (pkg changed, promo fell off...etc). Please help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Being on top of your data is vital, especially if you are administering your usage. Please tell us more, how do you use the phones? What recent changes have occurred? What is the GB difference from November on (in comparison to the previous months)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't understand;  you keep asking questions that have already been provided above, or can easily be accessed by a VZW rep! This is not resolving anything.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The VZW reps can't access your MyVerizon account through this public forum. If you haven't provided the information, it is hard for the other community members or the VZW reps to assess where the issue is. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Mark_Pittsburgh, we understand wanting to get this resolved! Per FIOS's website (https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-tv-app/) 'Verizon Wireless Data-Free Streaming: Req. postpay 4G LTE service. Non-streaming activity and app diagnostics (e.g., app downloads, starting/restarting the app, going off airplane mode and transitioning from Wi-Fi to 4G LTE) will incur data charges. For Verizon Unlimited customers, app data usage will be counted, not billed.'

The data will reflect via My Verizon through the data counter however the data will not bill at the end of the billing cycle. Have you gone over your data allowance? 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks Tionna. I am accounting for the small data used logging in and non-streaming events, but I must disagree when it comes to the data usage counter on my verizon app. For the first 3 years, it would NOT register streaming, only 5~10mb when logging in. I watch this usage like a hawk. Only in the last 3 months did it begin registering the data used by streaming, and I have not dared to exceed my 4gb limit just to see! Could you imagine trying to explain that to a billing rep?! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I appreciate your patience with us as we want to see this resolved once and for all! I will send a Private Note so we can investigate these data concerns further.  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes