Highlighted

Re: Expired Rebate

I'm in the same boat but I am going to make Verizon pay - it's the principle.

Verizon stole $1,150 from me claiming expired promotions, I am no today job due to Covid-19 trying to make ends meet by any method possible, and I thought hey last Christmas I switched cell phone carriers and should have 2x$200 prepaid cards (for new iPhone 11's and porting in both numbers) and 3x$250 for port in numbers in a BYOD fashion.  I didn't remember seeing them so I contacted Verizon via a chat session.

I seriously thought that I would be sent 5 VISA cards in the mail like AT&T does (yes that was my experience with them) but the expected Verizon prepaid cards never arrived.

During this chat (on June 6, 2020 at about 3pm) they say all five (5) promotions expired, so I search one of my old Email queues to get proof that I am entitled to the rebates.  

And I find this one Email in my SPAM folder that for each of my five items that I have to goto Redeem here: vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter and that I have to do it before 02/20/2020

This was NOT DISCLOSED to me before I paid (only in this Email that went to spam after the fact).

But this Email is weird for all five items it also says Promo credit applied in 1-2 billing cycles ( kind of like they laid a trap for all customers saying you have to wait 60 days to request a rebate in 60 days - what's this a 1 day window?)

The first two of items (new phones that we got in this order) look like:

IPHONE 11 BLACK 128GB VZ    

Order number: XXXXXXXXXX    
Line Number: 714XXXXXXX    
Phone number you're transferring: 714XXXXXXX    

Retail price: $749.99  
Special promotion:    
This device is eligible for a $200.00 Prepaid Card    
Redeem here: vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter    
Promo code: HOLIDAYSWITCH
Must submit by: 02/20/2020

Promo credit applied in 1-2 billing cycles‡   -$29.16
One-time Activation Fee: $20.00    
(charge and credit appears on first bill)    
Customer Agreement Term: Device Payment Contract    

Features and protection    
Decline Device Protection   $0.00

And next three items (line ports of existing devices that my family owned) looked like: 

GTO Multi-Form-Factor SIM DF    

Line Number: 714XXXXXXX    
Phone number you're transferring: 714XXXXXXX    

Retail price: $0.00  
Special promotion:    
This device is eligible for a $250.00 Prepaid Card    
Redeem here: vzw.com/digitalrebatecenter    
Promo code: WINTERBYOD250
Must submit by: 01/21/2020

One-time Activation Fee: $20.00    
(charge and credit appears on first bill)    
Customer Agreement Term: Month-to-Month    

Features and protection    
Decline Device Protection   $0.00

Then I just spent like an hour on Verizon's chat trying to straighten this out - what an utter horrible experience in a nutshell they just said too bad so sad implying that I should just pound sand.  Yet when I asked them to show me where I signed a contract that says: I had to go online to receive my 5 prepaid cards they told me there was no such contractual language that had been signed.

This is pretty much the definition of BAD FAITH in every legal circle that I know - Verizon and I had an implied agreement because they offered my a perk to port in - I did - and then Verizon does a "bait and switch" and puts some sort of unilateral limitation on the deal WHICH I DID NOT AGREE TOO IN WRITING (and yes we have a signed contract).  Furthermore, it is not like they couldn't just mail me the cards without the unneeded web step.

I do want to point out there was sort of a 24 month BOGO credit that they magically were able to apply an additional credit to my bill after a few months so it is obvious that Verizon could have applied the entire $1,150 (prepaid card promise) to my bill without any extra steps involved since they already did it WRT the BOGO.

Verizon refused to honor their commitment, they literally stole $1,150 from my family, and we have paid avery amount and bill charged to us - this seems pretty one sided and completely unfair.

Seriously this is one greedy and immoral company.

Let's see $70 to file a small court claim and the fact that their own representative admitted to me in chat session that I was bound by no contract to perform an action within 60 days to get paid.

Me:

Pleas[e] show me the contract I signed were I certified that I would apply on line for my promo card. You have 10 minutes

Verizon Agent:

I am really sorry, there will be no contract for these kind of promotions or rabate[sic] but it is the primary requirement to get rebate as our team need to verify the details

Verizon Agent:

Here is the chat : ID

Verizon Agent

In closing Verizon unilaterally claims I have to perform actions to get my $1,150 and without any clause in our written signed contract. Then they magically just modify our agreement after I pay and basically say hey you did not go to some web site in 60 days therefore we don't have to pay you the promotions we used to get you to switch to our service.  Verizon believes that they can avoid upholding their end of a contract and just ignore a big liability, it is obvious that this is complete and absolute fraud on the part of Verizon.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Expert

You need to access the private message in the community forum and click on the private message to open it before you can reply to it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Customer Support

AdolfoA_VZW We want to make sure we provide you the assistance you need. We will be sending you a Private Note to work with you further. Thank you for your patinece working with us. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Up until to point that  I file a small claims action you are free to contact me to work this out, however I won't be checking this forum much, I do get CC'd to my normal Gmail account.

Highlighted

Well we do not seem to be communicating to well - AdolfoA_VZW you sent ma "private" message but it is impossible to reply to it (either in Gmail or in the messages area) I can only post to this thread.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

1150_stolen_by_VZ

I'm so sorry you're experiencing problems replying to our Private Message. I will send you another message, and hopefully, this one will work.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I don't get it you ask my First and Last name, you send me dead link after dead link in your wacky "private messaging system" BUT YOU DO NOTING AT ALL TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE.

Look Verizon stole $1,150 from me.  Your customer service people have sent me 8 private messages, I have responded 4 times to your private messages (with my order # and the chat id of my initial chat that were redacted).

I feel like I am taking crazy pills it's like you never read the post asking me to click on link and link that doesn't work to verify something for some reason that seems pointless.

Highlighted

Expert

You need to access the private message in the community forum and click on the private message to open it before you can reply to it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I appreciate you trying to help.

Of course I accessed the "private messages" 8 messages form Verizon 5 from me to Verizon but they keep sending me dead links - Google Chome, Mozilia Firefox, and Brave. Multi browsers.

I seriously feel like I am talking to a brick wall

I've grown so frustrated - so I just took the first step and filed a BBB complaint # ID 14447820, if this doesn't work out in a few days it's a small claims court filing.  $1,150 isn't chump change and Verizon seriously is not addressing any of my concerns. I have tried to communicate with Verizon multiple times since June 6, 2020 but as I say it's like talking to rocks.