Highlighted

Re: Amount of "Mobile Hotspot" data used versus "Phone" data used.

Bontjes

Scenerio.

Plan: Beyond Unlimited

Time Frame: 3 weeks into a billing period

Data Usage:
Hotspot = None
Other Data (Non-Hotspot Data) = 16 GB.

With only 1 week left of my billing cycle, I want to use my Hotspot for the first time (in this billing cycle), am I automatically reduced to 600 Kbps?

0 Likes

boringusername

@Bontjes wrote:

Scenerio.

Plan: Beyond Unlimited

Time Frame: 3 weeks into a billing period

Data Usage:
Hotspot = None
Other Data (Non-Hotspot Data) = 16 GB.

With only 1 week left of my billing cycle, I want to use my Hotspot for the first time (in this billing cycle), am I automatically reduced to 600 Kbps?

No you get 15 GB of LTE data. However after another 6 GB you will reach the 22 GB deprioritzation limit and therefor could encounter slower speeds than normal if your tower is congested.

Hotspot data is seperate but does coutn toward the 22 GB.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your inquiry on how Mobile Hotspot will work with your Beyond Unlimited plan, Bontjes. 

With Beyond Unlimited, you get a 15 GB allowance of data at 4G LTE speeds for Mobile Hotspot each bill cycle. Once you've used the 15 GB of 4G LTE data, your Mobile Hotspot data speed will be reduced to up to 600 Kbps speeds for the rest of the bill cycle. Non-Mobile Hotspot data will continue to be unlimited at 4G LTE speeds until 22 GB, while your Mobile Hotspot is reduced to up to 600 Kbps.

You can purchase a Data Boost on a line to get 5 GB more of 4G LTE speeds for Mobile Hotspot to use until the end of your bill cycle. Limit 20 Data Boosts per line per bill cycle. Visit our Data Boost FAQs to learn more.

Note: A Data Boost will not extend your 4G LTE speeds on non-Mobile Hotspot data use once you've used 22 GB a month. Once you've used 22 GB of data on a line, in times of congestion your data may be slower than other traffic.

You will find this information under #7 under our Frequently Asked Questions section https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/. I hope this information was helpful. Thank you boringusername for your input as well. 

TamaraH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes