Random pop-ups

Blaqueasian

Ever since the latest updates I get these random pop-ups. For a while it was Candy Crush app now is looks like Words With Friends.  It's a solicitation to download the app. I cannot figure how to turn it off. HELP ME because it's annoying as HELL!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Random pop-ups

jdpenley3
Novice

Download an App called Airpush....its amazing...it alerts you when apps are trying to push ads to your phone and tells you exactly which app it is so that you can uninstall it....I also suggest Lookout Mobile Security...it scans apps before you install them and alerts you to which ones are suspect....its amazing...

View solution in original post

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

You are most likely receiving ads from another app. You need to find out which one it is. It isn't the OS. Most likely a game or an mp3 download app.

0 Likes

dilbertaz

Make sure you don't have DT Ignite installed, it is a backdoor provided by Verizon on select devices to allow them to install games and apps directly to your device without approval required.

Android bloatware alert: DT Ignite automated app installer spotted on T-Mobile, Verizon phones | Gre...

Highlighted

jdpenley3
Novice

Download an App called Airpush....its amazing...it alerts you when apps are trying to push ads to your phone and tells you exactly which app it is so that you can uninstall it....I also suggest Lookout Mobile Security...it scans apps before you install them and alerts you to which ones are suspect....its amazing...

View solution in original post

0 Likes

jdpenley3
Novice

Thanks for this info....I am about to upgrade to the Note 4 in a few months....good to know this ahead of time....i'll make sure to block this one.....

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Most anti virus apps have a privacy scanner to let you know what apps use ads as well.