Random $43.16 surcharge on next months bill?!

HH87

I haven't even been using my phone recently! I'm at zero usage across all aspects of my account - zero minutes, zero messages, zero data used. Normally my plan costs $90 which ends up being $105 after taxes. It's been $105 every month for years. My bill due in mid January is showing me $151.48 with that surcharge. I don't think so. I'll sooner just round up enough money to pay my ETF and leave the Verizon network. HILARIOUS that clicking on the "explanation of charges" button opens up a window that says absolutely nothing on it. I do not have unlimited data which I understand has started charging people an extra $20 surcharge. There is ZERO explanation for me owning you $43 more dollars this month. If that charge isn't removed I'm leaving Verizon. I haven't upgraded devices any time recently or done anything to explain this.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Random $43.16 surcharge on next months bill?!

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to ensure your charges are clearly defined. When you're viewing the full invoice, any extra charges under surcharges will be listed. Have you added any lines of service or had any service interuptions? Those will be itemized under surcharges. Please review the invoice once more, let me know if that helps.

TylerK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Random $43.16 surcharge on next months bill?!

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

It certainly sounds as if you are simply looking at your billing summary instead of your detailed/itemized bill.

First off, ignore the "EXPLANATION OF CHARGES" link. Instead click on the "CHARGES BY LINE" tab, then click the "+" sign directly to the left of one of the numbers on your account in order to expand the charges. If you only have 1 line, it may already be expanded. Finally, expand the section which lists the surcharges. Simply by the amount of the surcharge, I would suspect it may be an upgrade fee if you purchased a contract phone at a 3rd party retailer, but your bill will certainly list an explanation for all surcharges on it.

Untitled-1.jpg