Highlighted

Raising price of plans by $5 to $10 per month seems unfair for customers like me that use less than a tenth of a GB in a month---I use my home wifi and rarely go LTE/4G.

As usual a company decides to raise rates to cover the extreme abuse of a few.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Raising price of plans by $5 to $10 per month seems unfair for customers like me that use less than a tenth of a GB in a month---I use my home wifi and rarely go LTE/4G.

Sr. Leader

I think Verizon is trying to keep up with the competition's offerings...but in their own way.  This means rarely making concessions.  "Here's more data and a couple extras, but since we have the best network you still need to pay a little more...think of it like a compromise."

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Raising price of plans by $5 to $10 per month seems unfair for customers like me that use less than a tenth of a GB in a month---I use my home wifi and rarely go LTE/4G.

Sr. Leader

The per GB rate is lower than before.  You are not required to change to the new data plans.

Sr. Leader

While it's true that plan prices did increase, so did the data packages.  So we're paying $5 a month more on our shared data plan, but getting more data for that $5, plus the "benefit" of rollover if we don't use all the data - it'll give us a bit more breathing room NEXT month.  The new plans are a good fit for my family, at this point.

Trying to keep millions of customers happy and in plans that fit their situations is a nearly impossible task - what works for some won't work well for others.  So you pick what fits your situation the best ... and you don't have to switch to the new plans if your current plan is better.   If a new plan comes along and fits better, go for it.  If it doesn't work for you, keep what you have.

And there's always Project Fi - pay for exactly what you use.

Highlighted

NEWS FLASH FOR ALL/IT'S AN ELECTIVE PLAN. means you choose to upgrade plan. it's NOT MANDATORY or automatic.does anyone know that. they can't force.does all understand this. its on person to upgrade, thus decide if its worth it. i barely use half gig month. worthless for me to upgrade.im not rich or a corporate king, and retired. it's built for those with ones who overdrive videos games and other data intense uses.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Yes it seemed pretty clear that changing plans is optional. In your case there seems little point in changing. Having said that, in my case I actually saved money by switching from 1GB to 2GB on the S plan because the new plan is discount eligible whereas the old is not, for those on an employee discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

im on 2 gig plan too.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I agree Barry. Seems like there should be a loyalty plan perk of some kind. No plan change, no billing change just an added discount or increase in data. Something to benefit customers that have with Verizon for years. Many networks in my area have gotten much better over the YEARS I have been on Verizon. The incentives to switch are looking better all the time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You are not required to change your plan.  If it works for you and your budget, keep it for as long as you want.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

mdevlin57 wrote:

I agree Barry. Seems like there should be a loyalty plan perk of some kind. No plan change, no billing change just an added discount or increase in data. Something to benefit customers that have with Verizon for years. Many networks in my area have gotten much better over the YEARS I have been on Verizon. The incentives to switch are looking better all the time.

The "perk" is being allowed to keep a plan that is older and often cheaper than current plans.  Compared to current plans, older plans are "discounted". If you don't think it's cheaper to keep your old plan, then why would you do so?  (And complain)

0 Likes
Covid19