REFUND CALL from 800-922-0204

julievl16

A heads up:  I received 2 calls this week from Verizon Wireless (purportedly).  The first time I hung up b/c no one responded after I answered.  The second one was today and I answered and waited.  After several seconds, someone began speaking who sounded very unprofessional and unpolished.  Also heavily accented and using more casual language than usual for a legit call.  Anyway, he said I was overcharged on my last bill, how did I want it refunded,  and then asked for login info for my account so he could process it.  I hung up.  SCAM.  Watch out.  The refund scam is back!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: REFUND CALL from 800-922-0204

glitchedpixel

Obvious spoof call. Caller name ID would have flagged those for sure. If a Verizon agent calls you, you'd get a disclaimer and their name first.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

If Verizon had discovered that they overcharged you, you would receive an automatic refund via a bill credit. You wouldn't receive a telephone call about it.

0 Likes

mscott2011

Thanks for the heads up. Just received a call from that number. Lucky me, I don't answer calls from unfamiliar numbers anyway. Thanks to spam like this, I don't trust any calls. It does make it difficult when delivery drivers call and I don't answer...

0 Likes

SurfCityBum

I just got a call from them, too.  Woman with a heavy Indian accent who was kind of hard to understand.  I kept telling her that this call didn't sound right.  Sure enough, I Googled the number she called from and it came up as spam.  the phone call didn't last too long after that.  Stay safe!

0 Likes

sndybch

Thanks for posting this; I actually just got a call from 800-922-0204.  I answered it and there was a pause then they hung up.  I immediately googled the number and the verizon community post was the first thing google brought up.   I am getting sick and tired of all the scamming telephone calls (and emails) that I received daily.  This one tops the chart with using the actual Verizon phone number?  How does that happen.

0 Likes

JENTOP8

I got a call from this number on 9/27 saying I had a refund. They tried to get me to give them bank info for a refund. Since caller ID said Verizon Support I assumed it was legit. Since my husband was recently out of the country and we had a daily pay call plan it sounded plausible. I told them to credit my account and they quickly ended the call. BUT tonight they called back. Twice. No messages. When I dialed back I actually got Verizon Support who verified they hadn't contacted me about my account.

0 Likes

BUBSHONEY

I just received a text message from 900080004007 stating W2 is not proof of employment. And to call 800-922-0204 to resolve. I called this number, got normal sounding recording stating that for a more pleasant experience, press "1" to start a text message session.

I didn't press anything, and after hearing the message for the 3rd time, it automatically started a text session. I explained who I was, who's name is on the account, and gave our address. They responded with "I don't need any of that, I just need your pin to access your account." In addition the URL was tech-coach.club/timeline?code=  So between the two, I closed the text session. Funny thing is that there is no record of the conversation on the iPhone any longer.

Several months ago we did ask about a discount with proof of a W2 that the folks at the Verizon Store told us to bring....??

0 Likes

BUBSHONEY

UPDATE:

Went to Verizon store. They said all of the things I mentioned were legitimate/true! They do ask for your pin number, they work with tech-coach (3rd party vendor), etc.

0 Likes

CHAOS9602

BubShoney -- this IS NOT a legitimate call from 800-922-0204.  Verizon DOES NOT call you to inform you of a refund.  It will appear on your invoice.  DO NOT give your PIN (or address, social security number, birthday, etc) to anyone that contacts you unexpectedly from "Verizon", especially if they have a foreign accent.

My friend received a call like this today.  When he called Verizon back, he was informed that they DO NOT contact customers about refunds and then ask for a PIN number.

BubShoney -- Why are you the only person posting that receiving an unexpected call from 800-922-0204 is legitimate?

0 Likes