Puerto Rico Roaming

brookside24

Over Labor Day weekend I traveled to Puerto Rico. While there I noticed that my phone said Roaming, so I quickly turned off all data. I still incurred a few MB of roaming data, according to my cellular data usage. How will I be billed for this? Will this count as domestic roaming? On my bill will it say where exactly the roaming was incurred? I don't want the account holder knowing I went on vacation without him... Lol!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Puerto Rico Roaming

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Probably should have checked with the account owner before leaving the mainland as there are a great number of various charges that can and will appear on the bill.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Puerto Rico Roaming

MiiHere
Leader

Puerto Rico is domestic roaming - there shouldn't be any extra charges as it's included with most plans; unless you have some great grandfathered in plan that for some reason doesn't include it.

From Verizon Trip Planner:

"You can use the iPhone 6S Plus 4G LTE 16GB Gold for voice, text and data in all selected countries. Puerto Rico is part of your domestic wireless service. Domestic rates apply."

I just put in the iPhone 6S so it would pull this up, but the type of phone doesn't change the results of it being a part of the domestic wireless service.

0 Likes