Problems with transferring a pre-paid number to postpaid

Last Monday, Nov. 30th, we tried to transfer our brother's account which is on Verizon Prepaid to the main family account we all use. We've been Verizon customers for around 10 years.

Somehow, our brother's prepaid account got transferred to a random third party. Multiple Verizon employees have been working on resolving the issue, but as of today (Friday) the problem has become worse - now his phone is shut off. It's 5:30pm on a Friday, and Verizon's calling hours end at 7:00pm. We have called in and sat on hold for multiple hours a day on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

We are at our wit's and and don't know what to do next. He uses this number to run his entire business. Starting over from scratch with a different phone number will be a real hardship for his business - especially with COVID-19 when customers want to call in, not stop by physically at his business.

Is there anyone from Verizon who is interested in helping us?

0 Likes

Re: Problems with transferring a pre-paid number to postpaid

Customer Support

Hi, JoshInOhio. We apologize for the difficult time you've had trying to transfer your brother's VZW prepaid line to a postpaid account. I understand he uses this device for business, and I want to help. I've sent you to Private Message to further assist.

0 Likes

Re: Problems with transferring a pre-paid number to postpaid

Thanks for reaching out. It took about 1 1/2 weeks, but the problem did finally get resolved. A lot of Verizon employees worked on the issue, including reps in Customer Service and two Verizon corporate store employees.

There are a lot of great people working at Verizon working hard at their jobs - the company needs to empower them more to stay in touch with customers and give them the tools to fix complex problems. Most employees we talked to tried hard to fix the problem, but hit a brick wall because the computer system would not let them fix the issue.

0 Likes