Porting a single line off of a family plan

ADeHainaut

Hi,

I currently have a family plan with 4 lines.  I would like to port one of those lines to another carrier.  As I understand it, the line will be removed from my account, and an ETF charged, as soon as the other carrier takes control of the number.

What I would like to confirm is that the other 3 lines will be unaffected by the process.  Will I need to take any other actions to be sure that my account remains exactly the same, only one line short?  If other actions are necessary, would they be before or after I start the porting process with the other carrier?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Porting a single line off of a family plan

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

We just did this, went from 5 lines to 4 when my daughter took her line to her own account.  No change except that her line and it's associated charges were no longer on my account, and it said "Line disconnected" on the first bill.  Now it just doesn't show up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

nicholasbranson

Seeing as how the pricing structure is the same regardless of whether you have 3 or 4 lines, there would be no need to modify anything with the remaining 3 lines.

0 Likes

ADeHainaut

That's what I figured.  I just want to be sure that the act of porting one line won't trigger any other changes I haven't thought of.

0 Likes

nicholasbranson

Nah, you're good.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

We just did this, went from 5 lines to 4 when my daughter took her line to her own account.  No change except that her line and it's associated charges were no longer on my account, and it said "Line disconnected" on the first bill.  Now it just doesn't show up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes