Highlighted

Porting a number without closing my account.

One of my number is going to be ported over to another account soon, but I have other lines open on it. My question, in three parts:

A) If I port just that number over, will my Verizon account remain open since other lines are still on it.

B) Will this number be able to port over even if I still have a bill to pay since the account isn't being closed, or is it essentially stuck on Verizon.

C) The number still has two payments left on a device payment plan. Will it be able to be ported over and payments still continue to be made on the device, or is this another issue that can hold the number at Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Porting a number without closing my account.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure all your questions are answered. Even if you have a past due, a port away from Verizon should be fine as you are just disconnecting the account. You will still be responsible for the amount due, and any late fees that may apply. A buyout would be the remainder of the device payment owed billed to the account as a single lump sum. If any promotions are applying, canceling the device payment will cancel the promotion as well. Let us know if you have any further questions.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Is the number you are planning to port the number associated with the account owner? Are you transferring the number to another Verizon account or the other carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

A) Verizon accounts only close when there are no active lines remaining.

B) You only have issues with past due balances. For transfers to Verizon anyway. Ports to other carriers should be fine.

C) If this is a transfer to another Verizon account, those can transfer over. If this is an actual port, those payments bill to account as a buyout.

Highlighted

It is an account manager line, not an account owner. And it would be to another carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

A) Okay, I figured as much.

B) So wait, are you saying ports to other carriers from Verizon should be fine even with a past due balance?

C) When you say billed to the account as a buyout, I'm assuming that means any remaining payments would need to be paid off in one shot rather than monthly installments?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure all your questions are answered. Even if you have a past due, a port away from Verizon should be fine as you are just disconnecting the account. You will still be responsible for the amount due, and any late fees that may apply. A buyout would be the remainder of the device payment owed billed to the account as a single lump sum. If any promotions are applying, canceling the device payment will cancel the promotion as well. Let us know if you have any further questions.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

A) All good.

B) Yeah, you just have to worry about paying for any used service.

C) If you have payments left, when the number ports over and disconnects the line on Verizon's end, it will bill the remaining balance. Example: If that line had $100 left on it and it moved to T-Mobile, your next Verizon bill will have that remaining $100 added to the statement.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Safe to say my question was answered. Thanks everyone.

0 Likes