Ok let me get this organized and precise as possible, but let me stress this out:
I NEED to port my old numbers to the new lines because I have been using my old numbers for years for medical, school, banks, insurance, government agencies, relatives, friends, work, etc, etc. I don't want to miss important notifications because of this.
Day 0 - I have 4 existing numbers, 2 existing plans from T-mobile/mint (expires Dec 2019), 1 Verizon pre-paid (xxx-xxx-xx80) and 1 Verizon business account number (xxx-xxx-xx89) that my previous employer owned. I asked my previous employer if I can have my xx89 number (just the number) and port-it to my soon to be Verizon plan, and they're okay with it.
- Signed up thru chat for the family plan (4x lines) and iphone 7 (2x - black and rose gold) and 7plus (2x - black and rose gold) promo on 10/26/2019. Told sales rep I will be transferring/porting numbers from T-mobile and existing Verizon accounts, he said sure I can do that just call the port-in number.
- Devices arrived and activated. I got 4 temporary (as the sales rep called it) numbers.
THE GOAL: Port-in my existing Verizon phone number (xx89) to one of the new lines, with all promo and plan stays the same.
- Called port-in hotline to port in an existing Verizon number xxx-xxx-xx89 to replace xxx-xxx-xx30 temporary number. A lady rep helped with the port in. It was just like a normal port-in conversation.
- Checked My Account page and surprised to see 1) the promo was removed affecting all my lines, 2) xx89 was added as new line, 3) Fees incurred because of this. WOW, I only asked for port-in and this happened?
- Went to chat to get this sorted out, rep suggested to return xx30 number to a store and they will ship a new phone/sim that will be tied to the promotion with the xx89 number.
- Went to store to do just suggested, but store was clueless and said they cannot do what is being suggested.
- Went back to chat again. He said he escalated to restor back promotions. He said to check 7-10 days for processing. I got email that the request was completed, but upon checking, xx89 still remained as additional line (which I don't want). What I want is to port-in the xx89 number to the temporary xx30. Whatever promo and plan is in xx30 should be transferred to xx89 number.
- Went back to chat again. He finally sorted out the xx89 number and applied correctly the plan and promotion there. Rep promoised to fix my issues. He suggested to go ahead and call port-in number for me to port my remaining numbers.
RESULT: xx89 number was ported in and promo applied. But I have 5 lines which I don't want. xx30 has to be removed. The other 3 temporary numbers are yet to be replaced by my old numbers.
GOAL: Port in the Verizon pre-paid number and remove the additional line Verizon added to my plan.
- Called port-in number and successfully ported my 1st T-mobile number. All good for the 1st T-mobile transfer. Mentioned on the phone I need to transfer my pre-paid number xx80 to one of the temporary lines in the post-paid plan replacing xx00. Transferred me to another department. Rep completed the port-in, but this time I want to make sure that I don't lose the promotion that I had with the xx00 number so I made that known to the rep. Rep put me on hold and he seems to be confirming what he did was the proper way to do it.
- Rep came back to me and he said, it is "not possible" because the promo was tied to the temporary number. I asked why? Because the promo has to be a new number for the phone. Well, why am I knowing this just now? No one told me about it in the first place, if I knew about this at Day 0, I would not have signed up for it. All the reps were saying I can transfer my numbers but this guy is saying I can't for this pre-paid number? Now my account shows that the xx80 has been added as a new line, I now have 6 lines (and I received a bill immediately in my email for this new line)!!!!! How on earth a billion dollar company try to millk a poor guy like me? Who will use the additional 2 lines? My cat and dog?
RESULT: xx80 was not ported in, but instead I now have 6 lines which is ridiculous and I got a hefty bill for all the mess Verizon did. It were just a simple port-in request nothing fancy and Verizon did all this mess and lots of inconvenience to me. Blood pressure shot up, it was a total nightmare.
UPDATE: Called again and had one of the lines (xx30) removed. But still I only need 4 lines (the original number of lines I signed up for). My bill is still a mess, but I have to sort-out removing that extra line without loosing my xx80 number.
I NEED to port my old numbers to the new lines because I have been using my old numbers for years, medical, school, banks, insurance, government agencies, relatives, friends, work, etc, etc. I don't want to miss important notifications because of this.
CONCLUSION: Never make promises if you don't know what you're talking about. Don't make it hard for customers to port-in existing numbers. I mean, what is the point of the restriction?
UPDATE: Called again to have my xx80 back to where it was as prepaid so I don't lose the number and at the same time I don't get billed on my post plan for that additional number. The rep just DROPPED the call when I was telling him I don't want to pay a pre-paid plan for me to just move it over back to the pre-paid space. It had zero credit in the first place since my last pre-paid plan has expired a couple of days ago. But even if it has expired, I was able to access the My Accounts page.
You guys did the transfer in the first place, why can't you just return it back to how it was before the call? Sure I requested it but the way the rep did it was a mess. So should I suffer for that?
I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the term is different if transfer is from/to the same carrier, but I was clear about this with the person I talked to and they did process it actually, but it was a mess.
lempogi, we apologize for the hoops you had to jump through to complete these requests and do appreciate all the recent lines switched to Verizon Wireless. We'll be more than willing to help address any unresolved issues if needed.
The two lines coming from a Business and Prepaid account are considered a Transfer of Service and not a port-in. We apologize for any delay as this is a Community Forum and our responses will be delayed. Please let us know if any other corrections need to be made at this point.