Highlighted

Poor service, what to do?

JayDII

I joined Verizon last fall & picked up the Note 4 at the same time but recently I have been having the worst service at home. Calls don't come through but I get voicemail notifications or if when they do come through, the calls drop. I literally have to walk up the road to hold a phone call. I have to do the same thing to send/receive picture texts. Using Verizon messages locked my phone up to the point where I had to do a factory reset. My battery drains ridiculously fast as my signal goes from 1 bar of 4G to 3G to 1x in no particular order.

I'm a little frustrated with the amount of issues that I've been having the past month or two. I held out this long thinking my service would get better & go back to the way it was when I first signed up but it hasn't. The sole reason I switched to Verizon was for better coverage but lately I feel like I need to switch to another carrier if things don't improve.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Poor service, what to do?

Community Manager
Community Manager
You made the right decision switching to Verizon, JayDII. We appreciate the efforts you've already made and want to see you enjoying the same Verizon service you had months ago! Do you only seem to notice this dramatic change when you're at/near your home? What zip code are you in? Do you recall any recent changes in your area such as new construction by chance?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

MiiHere
Leader

There are usually only a few things you can try in order to improve service; especially if it was fine one day and then suddenly it wasn't.

-Reset Network Settings

-Remove Sim Card for a few minutes and reinsert

-Factory reset phone

-Go to a Verizon corporate store and get a new Sim card for free

It may be service in your area, construction, new interference, lack of tower etc. Those are all things that aren't easily repaired, but definitely good to let Verizon know of your troubles. If your having poor service at home you could also try a mobile service booster.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JayDII

Thanks for the quick reply Jennifer! Yes, it seems to be isolated to my home. I've always known about the usual dead spot near my home where calls drop but I used to be able to resume them when I got to my house. I'm in the 27505 zip code area. There were some houses being built in the neighborhood earlier this year but they were done with construction before I started having issues. Hope that helps a little more.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JayDII

Thanks for replying. I've tried the factory reset but it didn't resolve anything unfortunately. Would the network settings be reset along with factory reset? I haven't tried getting a new sim card but I can if it might help. I don't know much about mobile service boosters but if it will help with this issue I will look into it. My phone can go from fully charged to dead with little to no use if I spend an entire day at home due to searching for reception between bands.

0 Likes
Highlighted

MiiHere
Leader

It should reset everything, but it doesn't hurt to reset network settings again. Did you try removing the Sim card? The Sim card is what connects you to Verizon Service, so if it's faulty it might be the reason you're dropping calls and unable to find service. Verizon offers a mobile network extender; I think for $250. There are other brands on the market also, I would just be sure to read reviews about them and how they set up to make sure it's worth it.

First though I would try a free Sim card replacement, no sense in spending $250 if you don't have to.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JayDII

I will reset the network settings again just to be sure. I removed the sim card sometime last month but I don't think it made much of a difference in service when I put it back in. I can remove it again though just to be sure. $250 is a steep buy in for me at the moment for something that might/might not work. I'll try the cheaper alternatives first.

0 Likes
Highlighted

MiiHere
Leader

Just make sure the Sim card is seated back in your phone good, it might be when you took it out a month ago that it reinserted wonky.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
JayDII,

I appreciate you trying this one more time. Make sure you turn the phone off before removing the SIM card. Keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

JayDII

Sorry for the delayed replies. I wanted to wait until I was home to perform everything. I turned the phone off & removed the battery & Sim card & let left them out for roughly an hour. I put them back in carefully after that & powered the phone back on. I waited about 5 minutes after the phone was on before trying to do anything. Signal was showing a 1x for strength. I received a few texts & replied. They all said that they failed as they have been saying recently. I had to go outside before trying to resend. After that, I began to use my phone how I would regularly & noticed that it is still struggling to find service. It continued to bounce from 1 bar of 4G to 1x to 3G during my use.

0 Likes