Highlighted

Poor customer service and then some.

yupperonski

Well, I have been a Verizon customer ever since I've had a cell phone - probably more than 15 years. I have put up with a lot of "junk" over the years and finally decided I won't anymore. The most recent history was when my needs changed due to our children not going to secondary education in Canada anymore. However, my parents still live in Canada. So, I decided my needs were multiple lines, unlimited voice and text, no data and an option to add Canada calling for a nominal monthly fee that could be added / subtracted on a month-by-month basis. The only way I got satisfaction this time around was going to my "local" (45 minute drive, somewhat rural area) full Verizon store during a busy time with lots of customers and repeatedly, openly, restating my mistreatment until I got what I had been told I could have for the price. (This took about 2 hours, by the way!) WELL, my parents health recently needed extra attention, so, I decided to start taking advantage of the nominal monthly charge for full access to Canada. So, I tried making the change on-line, but it wouldn't let me without totally changing my plan, at a MUCH higher cost, of course. So, I called Customer "SERVICE". I was told that, yes, the information about adding the Canada access was on my account. HOWEVER, that couldn't be done anymore with "NO" (250MB) data. But, the information would be "sent up the food chain" to someone authorized to make the official exception which was really what had already been agreed to! The decision would take less than a month. In the meantime, I would be given a 1 month credit to make up for the difference in the extra data which I didn't want, need, or use! WELL, the first bill came in and I got the promised credit, BUT I also was charged for a month ahead because of a plan change! There WAS NO STINKING plan change. All it was, was exercising an option to the existing plan, for crying out loud! Well, since then, I have tried to call in, but all they want is MONEY that is NOT due them! Before I go to my local store again, I decided to try this "open" forum to see if I would get a quicker response with maybe using less of MY valuable time. BTW - I have been paying each month since the change, the previous monthly charge plus the agreed monthly Canada access charge.  Of course, the ONLY attention I have raised is that they want to disconnect me! Now THAT is customer SERVICE!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Poor customer service and then some.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Being a customer to customer forum, official reps from Verizon come along here and there and maybe one can follow you and you them and then you can private message and get a back and forth going.  It should be mentioned though that features come and go as part of promotions and any change to an active present plan by adding a feature not a part of it before the feature promo was ended could make a plan change if that feature requires some other aspect to qualify.  In other words, sometimes adding something that is no longer offered on promo can change a plan all together.

0 Likes

Re: Poor customer service and then some.

Community Manager
Community Manager

yupperonski,

We do like to operate with integrity and it does concerns us to hear it was not demonstrated during your recent encounter with us. We would love to clear up any confusion regarding your plan or services. A plan can be reinstated typically if the change is reverted 14 days after the date it was changed. Has this been beyond 14 days?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes