Highlighted

Poor Customer Service and Billing Harassment

I am so angry with Verizon Wireless.  I was incorrectly over-charged for an international plan by $140 in June.  I was unable to reach a live person through customer service, so I filed a complaint with the FCC.  I was contacted by the Executive Response team who verified the error and said that I would be credited $140, and the correct plan would be reinstated.  And, that I should only pay a 'normal' billing amount for that month's statement rather than the highly over-charged amount.  I did as was instructed and have paid my bills in full ever since.  Meanwhile, it took Verizon 2 months to process a credit on my account.  I was told the credit was made immediately, but neither the credit nor the billing details were visible on their useless website.  So, I finally was able to see the credit 2 months later on my August statement.

Meanwhile, over the last two weeks, I've been received 3 harassing text messages saying that my account was past due and my service might be terminated and I would be charged 're-connection' fees.  The issue apparently was the cost of the correct international plan which, of course, was not visible on my account online.  I contacted the Executive Response team, Verizon Customer Service, and the FCC about this continued problem.  No response to emails or phone calls, until today.

Today I was told by 2 different people at Verizon that they "don't know if or when my service would be terminated because it was all controlled by 'the system'".  And, despite the billing dispute and corrections, nobody was willing to take any accountability or help me.  Well - I was presented with one option which was to have customer service note a 'promise to pay' on my account (whatever that means) for an additional charge of $7.

So, when Verizon owes me money... they can drag it out for 2 months.  But when I supposedly owe them money for a much shorter period of time - they harass and threaten.

I can't even complain or give feedback to Verizon because they've buried or removed any type of email or contact for feedback.

This is a great example of the horrible and disconnect customer service process and attitude that I've experience for years with this company!  I absolutely despise doing business with Verizon.  It's terribly unfortunate that their great technical service is accompanied by over-priced services and the worst customer service I think I've ever experienced.  This is what happened with local telephone companies when they were largely a monopoly - service went out the window and they treated their customers horribly until they were forced into divestiture.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Poor Customer Service and Billing Harassment

Overcharged? The rates are fixed for international. $5/$10 for travelpass daily, $40 for 100 mins/text or $85 for 250 instead. International Phones & Global Calling Plans | Verizon Wireless

You're not giving information on that $140. Travelpass doesn't charge while in the US and an extra month of either fixed rate doesn't add up.

To reach a VZW CS agent, you dial 800-922-0204 and enter your phone number when asked, that's it. There are days where it might take longer due to call volume, but you get offered a call back option so you don't have to be stuck on hold. I've never had an issue reaching care, it's straight forward.

I'm curious how the FCC somehow has access to Verizon's system to verify anything, let alone errors. I know the CEO is a former Verizon executive, but something doesn't sound right.

Cost of the plans are in the above link and clearly show on your bill! Travelpass shows the charge and dates, flate rates show the calendar charge and pay as you go show the costs--this will be on page 3. You mention the FCC again when this stuff is on your monthly bill statements. It's not the FCC nor a rep's job to keep track of everyone's bill. That accountability falls on YOU.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Poor Customer Service and Billing Harassment

Yes, I was "Overcharged".  I selected a $40 per month plan, but instead Verizon Wireless enrolled in a plan that charged me $10 per day.  Of course, the accumulate of these charges are not made visible on Verizon Wireless online accounts - so by the time I got a paper statement, it was already up to $140.  So, YES, on a net basis - Verizon Wireless assigned me to a different plan and overcharged me $100.

I must correct you on how to reach a VZW CS agent.  You dial the 800-922-0240.  Then you navigate through a maze of voice prompts.  Finally, you're placed on hold for an extended period of time.  Then, if I am able to sit around for another 10 or 20 minutes, I might actually get to speak with someone.  I think that is an unreasonable wait time and burden to be placed on customers.  About half the time I get a call back option, but those call backs usually do not happen as schedule so those calls get missed as well.  As customers, we have things to do too - our life does not revolve around VZW wait times.

The FCC did not "verify the errors" - the VZW Executive Response person verified the error.  I contacted the FCC for help because the wait times on the VZW telephone number above were unreasonable - I could not get through to speak with someone and was not offered a call back.  I also tried the online chat - and was place on hold there as well.  I simply could not get any response or service from VZW on this problem.

Yes, the plans are shown on the bill, but they are not shown as the VZW website as they accumulate on your bill.  And, neither do the credits.  Nothing shows up until a monthly statement is rendered.  So, from that perspective, this took 2 to 3 months for resolution.

YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO CORRECTLY ASSIGN SERVICES, PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCESS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE, PROVIDE CORRECT AND TIMELY BILLING AND BILLING CORRECTIONS WHEN YOU MESS UP.  YOU FAILED ON ALL OF THESE POINTS.

DON'T ASSIGN ME CHARGES AND CREDITS THAT ARE NOT VISIBLE TO ME FOR WEEKS OR MONTHS AND EXPECT ACTION ON MY PART.  YOU GUYS MESSED UP HERE - YOUR ONLINE BILLING IS SIGNIFICANTLY DELAYED AND NON-TRANSPARENT, AND THEN YOU HARRASS ME?!?  I WISH YOU COULD HAVE BEEN IN MY SHOES SO YOU COULD SEE HOW TERRIBLE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes