Highlighted

Poor Customer Service @ Oceanside Store

eugenebuilt

Hey Verizon and community. This thread is in reference to the Verizon store at 3760 Mission Ave in Oceanside, CA (official Verizon store, not Authorized retailer).

1. Is it common practice for Verizon store associates to decline the sale of a phone if the potential customer refuses to also purchase an accessory bundle with the phone? Yes, this scenario happened to me. Chris [removed] at the store referenced above said to my beautiful bearded face that he doesn't feel comfortable selling me a phone because I declined to purchase an accessories bundle with the phone. I was visiting the store because my Galaxy S6 was stuck in reboot mode for a day and common Android forum instructions failed to remedy the persistent reboot state. Chris had talked me into buying a new Galaxy S8 and I was about to pay when I paused and inquired about an $80 fee which Chris described as an accessory bundle including a car charger, wall charger, and phone case. After declining to buy the accessory bundle Chris became aggressive and irrational with the audacity to indicate that my purchase would help his sales and store revenue. This exchange resulted in my walking away empty handed without a working phone after Chris declined to sell me the new device if I didn't purchase the accessory bundle with it.

2. Is it common practice for Verizon store associates to "overlook" the fact that the malfunctioning device prompting a customer's store visit is eligible for replacement, and instead attempt to up-sell the customer into a new phone and unnecessary accessories? Yes, this happened to me during the visit referenced in practice #1 above. Before Chris talked me into buying a new phone he asserted that he would look at my account to determine replacement eligibility for my Galaxy S6 which was stuck in reboot mode for a day. Chris indicated that my insurance was insufficient to cover the replacement of the phone. After walking away from the deal for the reasons described above I later called Verizon customer service and they informed me on the phone that the same device prompting my store visit is indeed eligible for replacement and for free without deductible since the device was a refurbished replacement and the original device was still inside the manufacturer's warranty period. I called Asurion and they sent a free replacement phone, no problemo. It appears that Chris ignored or overlooked significant details about my device and account in the interest of improving his personal and store sales numbers. Not. Cool. At. All.

I'm disappointed by the experience described above. I entered the store with a malfunctioning device and trusted a Verizon store representative to look up my account information and give me accurate feedback on replacement eligibility. Chris lied to me for his own personal gain, clear as day. Had my intuition not prompted me to walk away from Chris' attempt to pressure me into a new phone with accessories I would needlessly have paid $800 for the phone, plus $80 for the accessory bundle, plus $35 for an upgrade fee, plus other taxes and fees.

I strongly feel that the sales incentives and the sales representative at the Verizon store should be evaluated to determine if their continued deployment and employment are in the best interest of Verizon. Verizon customers deserve better than the treatment I received from Chris [removed] during my visit.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Poor Customer Service @ Oceanside Store

RAGEMA94

I would contact the manager. This definitley was because they had some sort of quota, and the representative was trying to reach that quota which is ridiculous. I avoid going into stores as I know that the reps only care about sales, and nothing else as they make a commission.

I order everything online, process insurance claims online etc. Now for a warranty replacement you would have had to contact the technical department via chat or phone, as you cannot process a warranty replacement via my verizon.

However, the chat representatives are great, they do not make a commission and have no incentive to directly lie to you.

I would contact the manager, and if they do not help, I would contact corporate and report both the manager, and the representative.

0 Likes

Re: Poor Customer Service @ Oceanside Store

Community Manager
Community Manager

Eugenebuilt, I want to start off by thanking you so much for being the best part of the Verizon Wireless. We want every one of our customers to have a positive experience while at the store. I do apologize that this was not the case with your recent visit. We should be offering our customer with the best possible solution. I want to make sure that we provide the proper feedback to the store location. So we can get some more details, I provided you with a Private Message here. Can you please respond back to that message? Looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes